Thread: Haenel 302

Haenel 302

Haenel modell 302

Hello,
    A quick question for the airgun experts,
    I was given a Haenel 302 for christmas in 1967 .
    The mainspring has just been replaced and the gun was tested with a chrono and is putting up 7ft/lbs,would this be about right?
    I remember my pals BSA meteor was always the more powerful of the two guns.
    The gun is still in good order woodwork and bluing etc.
    thanks in advance
    Keith.
    repost,first one went to wrong section.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re 302

hi keith,around 7ftlbs is where you would expect to be as would befit a rifle of this
    size[low rated spring tension] by replacing everything to what may achieve another half a ftlb isnt worth the
    effort and in anycase its useualy at the expence of accuracy.
    bob
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Haenel 302

Red Bob
    Thank you for the information,
    I must own up a few years ago tried one of the square springs, don't think I got any more from the gun but I couldn't keep the old telescopic sight in one place and there was a horrible twang every time I fired.
    So now its back to standard as it should be for an old timer.
    Thanks again.

Keith

haenel 302

Hi Colin30, I restored a 1970's 302 earlier this year, cleaned, polished and relubed the works, fitted a sensible used spring from the spares collection, made a brass spring guide, and gave the barrel a good clean. Once run it has settled down to a heady 8ftlb with Superdomes, and is noticeably smooth and very accurate with the decent iron sights fitted. I wouldn't look for any more power than this and 7ftlb is more likely. They're nice things, a bit of an unshowy East German cousin to a HW35. Hope you enjoy yours.

Torrens

When I was a youngster back in the early sixties a friend of mine had a Haenel 303 in .22
    and compared to my old Diana .177 it seamed a lot more powerful , is there much power difference to the 302 ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !