Thread: Which pellet huntsman classic?

Which pellet huntsman classic?

I have a huntsman classic .177. Which is the right pellet for my barell?

Mosquito 7.9gr or JsB 7.9gr ! Mine shoots them exceptional good, with 12ftlbs , up to 90-100m !

JSB Exacts 4.52 will work fine

Jsb exact 4.53 it's the best pellet u can buy

Unfortunately there is no definitive answer to your question as no two barrels behave in exactly the same way, what's good in one is not necessarily good in another. Unfortunately the only sure way to find the best pellet for your particular barrel is to beg from mates and shooting colleagues or buy as many different pellets in as many different head sizes as you can. You wouldn't believe just how much variation you can get in some barrels even when using the same pellet but in a different head size. I've been using JSB Exact 4.52's more or less since purchasing my Steyr about 9 months ago and must say that they have been ok out to say 30 yards but by 45 yards the grouping opens up a fair bit. I've just recently bought a few little packs of different pellets / head sizes from here: http://www.pelletperfect.co.uk to try in my Steyr and it was well worth it. The grouping with the 4.51's is noticeably tighter than from both the 4.52 and 4.53's!

Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by J00SPD29; 13-11-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: grammar
    Steyr LG110 HP Hunting + Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16 x 42 Mil-Dot
    BSA R-10 + Hawke Sidewinder Tactical 4.5-14 x 38 SR6

Kibworth SG

your best bet is to get hold of a lot of various pellets, as what works in one barrel may not suit yours, strange but no two barrels are the same, dont forget to try the various size's aswell - 4.50 - 4.51 - 4.52 & if you can find a supply try the 4.53, worth the effort to find out what works best yourself, helps settle a new gun in aswell.