Thread: Crosman 1377 Quick questions

Crosman 1377 Quick questions

Guys,

Any advice you can offer on this would be much appreciated!

I've decided to venture into doing a Crosman 1377 mod, but was hoping for some advice on a couple of basic issues that other 1377/22 owners might be able to help on. I know my way round CO2, but haven't really done much with multi pumps.

First up, there seems a lot of contradictory advice on the net about how best to lube these pistols- some say a drop of pellgun on the cup every 250 shots, some people say this is a massively bad idea-any views welcome!!

Secondly, I want to fit a red dot, but not sure if tube type or holographic would suit best. I may be carbining the pistol and this might have some bearing on the choice? Anyone have any experience good/bad of red dots on 1377/22s?

Many thanks

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I've been feeding my 1322 the odd drop of pellgunoil for nearly 20 years & it's still working,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Nick I have a custom 1377 which has a .22 barrel.
    Is this a popular mod that would appeal to mr carabine and do you have any idea on the technical ins and outs? Certainly only needs 6 pumps to give good performance.
    Which may be why it was done.
    Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I've been feeding my 1322 the odd drop of pellgunoil for nearly 20 years & it's still working,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Cheers, Nick

That's good enough for me! Looking forward to doing one of these up..I'm happy with my 2250 now, and 13xx's look like fun. Might go .22 as gingernut suggests, but still thinking it through. These are just as moddable as Ratcatchers

ATB

Zin

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    There's no reason not to have a spare barrel, breech & bolt in an alternate size - I have the bits in .177 for my 1322
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Best of both worlds then I can see this being a 2 step mod...