Thread: Feinwerkbau 601, a "classic?"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feinwerkbau 601, a "classic?"

Those of you that have considered my ramblings following the commencement of my clubs recent Thursday evening 10m target "classic" competition events might be interested to know that we already have some wayward members who feel the need to purchase what certain individuals consider to be superior guns.

The brightly clad shooters in question have both purchased FWB 601s and openly wear figure hugging body trussess in which they wander around looking like extras from a Star Wars film after a visit to "Jabba the Hut."

I have to admit to being very impressed with the quality and performance of the 601, but if you buy one, do you have to become permanently encased in Valentino Rossi like leathers?

I am aware of course that the 601 was manufactured in the early 80s and is still a classic in the true sense of the word, but am I just jealous that I havent got one myself? It can only be a matter of time before somebody takes the plunge and buys a PCP and pitches in with a pair of ski like boots for additional support.

Still, the regular events provide us all with the oppurtunity of taking the p--s on an industrial scale, and I will continue to use my trusty 300s as I continue to laugh in the face of adversity. If only I was a better shot and able to match the single pump up brigade!

Just how "modern" do you consider a true classic gun to be?

Andy.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

As I believe the 300 and 600 series of rifles were sold concurrently, one could argue they should perhaps be considered as 'from the same era'...?

I'd say formalise some rules, or perhaps different classes... in order to win!

'IT DONT DO THAT THING IF IT AINT GOT A SPRING'

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

My thoughts entirely Mr Jones! Maybe they should only be allowed to shoot in a suitably darkened lane away from the "proper" shooters?
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Would you like to shoot the 601 Andy and I'll shoot your 300's?For a small wager of course
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Umpire required Mr Jones. I will hold the money.