Those of you that have considered my ramblings following the commencement of my clubs recent Thursday evening 10m target "classic" competition events might be interested to know that we already have some wayward members who feel the need to purchase what certain individuals consider to be superior guns.

The brightly clad shooters in question have both purchased FWB 601s and openly wear figure hugging body trussess in which they wander around looking like extras from a Star Wars film after a visit to "Jabba the Hut."

I have to admit to being very impressed with the quality and performance of the 601, but if you buy one, do you have to become permanently encased in Valentino Rossi like leathers?

I am aware of course that the 601 was manufactured in the early 80s and is still a classic in the true sense of the word, but am I just jealous that I havent got one myself? It can only be a matter of time before somebody takes the plunge and buys a PCP and pitches in with a pair of ski like boots for additional support.

Still, the regular events provide us all with the oppurtunity of taking the p--s on an industrial scale, and I will continue to use my trusty 300s as I continue to laugh in the face of adversity. If only I was a better shot and able to match the single pump up brigade!

Just how "modern" do you consider a true classic gun to be?

Andy.