Thread: ## BSA Airsporter ##

## BSA Airsporter ##

Can any of you kind gents date and value my BSA Airsporter. It is in .22. Ser no GL 11766. stock is in good condition. The bluing is non existent. Apart from that it fires nice and accurate and has had a new spring and seal put in. Comes with a Tasco 1-3.5 x 20 scope and mounts. Maybe possibly to sell on here. cheers.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...sporter001.jpg

It's a Mark 6 from the late 70's or early 80's

Value without rear sight but with scope I am not sure.

The experts will be along soon
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ratcatcher View Post
    Can any of you kind gents date and value my BSA Airsporter. It is in .22. Ser no GL 11766. stock is in good condition. The bluing is non existent. Apart from that it fires nice and accurate and has had a new spring and seal put in. Comes with a Tasco 1-3.5 x 20 scope and mounts. Maybe possibly to sell on here. cheers.

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/o...sporter001.jpg
    Due to the state of the Euro they only fetch about £2 nowadays, seeing as I'm in a good mood though I'll send you a fiver if you post

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Hi,

I love the Airsporters, especially the earlier models and the later models and any Airsporter is worth having in my opinion.
    The values seem to reflect the above too, I don't think a Mk5 or Mk6 will attract the best prices somehow - they were a little 'lack lustre' although others out there will disagree!
    You could try cold - blueing the action yourself with gun blu creme, make sure you wear disposable gloves and follow the manufacturers instruction.
    Results will vary, you need to carefully prepare and de-grease all metal parts to be blued - you cannot re- blue the curved trigger housing, (alloy) best to re-paint black as originals were!
    You could strip action and get metal parts re-blued professionally, (costs will vary £50 - 100?) via your gun shop.
    Prices vary according to seller (ie, private or dealer) and condition.
    Generally, something is worth what the seller is prepared to accept and the buyer is willing to pay! The picture cannot be used to determine the overall condition, possibly in the region of £80 - £120?

ATB
    Airsporterman
    Northumberland (Gods County!)

Kills - 0

Paper targets - 20,000+

Cheers guys. nice to know how old it is.