Thread: anyone used this silencer

anyone used this silencer

Hi all i was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with this muzzle brake and what they thought of it, it is on my modified 2240 and I'm sort of happy with it but wouldn't mind it being a little more quieter im not sure if its doing a good job or not as i havent heard any others to compare it to.
    Or are there any that you would reccomend? ive read a few good comments about the logun one.

here it is;

SIROCCO SM11 Made by Edgar Brothers

cheers Dan

Yes.

I did not kep it.

On my HW100 it was not bad but the original HW mod out performed it.

On rimfire, the crud produced by rimmie powder just made cleaning a complete barsteward.

Getting the baffles out was a pig, they are not very heavy guage and could become mishapen and applying oil or lube on re-assembly to prevent or reduce further jamming is a wise idea.

Even better idea is an ultrasonic bath to do the cleaning for you as it took forever with a tooth brush to do the baffles (I bought 2 of the beggars).

Either that, or you use solvents like brake fluid etc.

On air, there are much better option in respect of sound reduction and on rimmies, if cheap but effective is your criteria, SAK takes some beating.

I returned mine to the shop from whence they came.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I don't know what that one sounds like, but on my 2240, which was tuned and loud, really shut up when I used either my uk neil or HW silencer on it. The muzzle blast really did disappear, and became a quiet "phutt".
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Yes thats the SM11

Disappointing I thought - very very ringy.

The swift - the one with the felts was good. He made me smile - the guy that sells them said you could use rimfires with them - he shot one on his shot range. I thought the smell would set off his fire alarm.......

Decent absorbtion of noise.

This is very subjective though. A silenecer can sound effective on one rifle and less so on another ?

No simple answer but for me, the SM11 is no good as an air rifle mod, reasonably effective on .22LR and HMR etc but the cleaning aggro means I would prefer to use pretty much any other mod than an SM11.

If they dropped the baffles and made a milled cone so easier to dismantle and clean maybe but thos baffles are just a pig and not an effective pig either
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill