Thread: Can your Club go for Section 7

Can your Club go for Section 7

I noticted that a club/dealer in the West Midlands advertised having section 7 status and therefore its members could use all manner of lovely historic pistols, eg Lugers, Webley 455's and early Colt 1911s.

How easy is it for a club to get Section 7 approval and how easy is it for a FAC holder to get a section 7 firearm?

clubs

i wish all clubs where section 7 then i would sell more.

Section 7

Out of interest what section 7 guns do you have.

I've also done a bit of research on the web and Sec 7 handguns appear to be less trouble to get than you think and not very widely known about.

You probably know already, but Bisley has the facilities for it too. I think two or three sites in England have it; one might have been near Manchester?

It can't be an easy thing to license, the pistols are brought to the range via armoured car, and then you are locked in. The only other people allowed to be present are those with the same Sec.7 allowance. That was the process I was told.

Try Holt's or RJ Holloway for buying the firearms themselves.

I have put a few 7.1 pistols on peoples FAC's recently, and did look into the application of 7-3 on behalf of one of the local clubs. (7-3 club=7-3 purchaser's) The procedure is straight forward but the H.O. appear very reluctant to grant more clubs the necessary permission. The main stumbling block is that you have to prove a demand exists from established collectors in the area i.e. already have guns stored at one of the designated sites etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Out of interest what section 7 guns do you have.

I've also done a bit of research on the web and Sec 7 handguns appear to be less trouble to get than you think and not very widely known about.
    Coburn,
    Plenty of eligible handguns around, depending on condition from a couple of hundred up to eye watering.