Thread: advice required

advice required

I am looking to buy a .22 Co2 semi auto pistol but I know nothing about makes power or price I have had a BSA scorpion pistol for along time but loading is a pain and would like to try my hand with a semi auto any suggestions would be appreciated

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Do you want it more for fast multishot action? Accuracy? Knockdown power?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

fast action not important but accuracy and a decent power is..... (are you sure about the john & yoko bodyswap)

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Start View Post
    fast action not important but accuracy and a decent power is..... (are you sure about the john & yoko bodyswap)
    Crosman makes some decent C02 single shots that might fit the bill: or a Benjamin Sheridan EB.

(I'm CERTAIN about the body swap! I got the info from Jimmy Hoffa, and from Elvis!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Thanks I'll take a look at them I'm on your side of the pond at the moment and going to a gunshow in DE on Saturday. it must be true if Elvis told you

I HOPE they have a selection of air pistols at the gun show, Russell. One problem we airgunners have here is that the abundance and relativel freedom of purchasing cartridge guns pushes air guns into a niche market.

But, it is starting to change for the better.

Elvis has never lied to me yet!

Jim

BigEars Guest
    If you want accuracy, then be aware that CO2 power becomes very inconsistent in cold weather. I had a Rohm powered by CO2 which I converted to air, this resulted in a huge increase in accuracy. Same pistol, same shooter different power source.

Hope that's helpful.

I am looking to buy a .22 Co2 semi auto pistol but I know nothing about makes power or price I have had a BSA scorpion pistol for along time but loading is a pain and would like to try my hand with a semi auto any suggestions would be appreciated
    With those requirements, my reply is best of luck unless you have about £400 for a Crosman 600 and that's IF one comes up for sale.

In .177 you are looking at Drulovs, Aerons, Rohm's, Steyr LP5 and then you are looking at £250-£400
    Last edited by ikarma70; 10-12-2010 at 11:44 AM.