Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brocock Rechargeable Air Capsule (Co2 Bulb Size)

Brocock Rechargeable Air Capsule (Co2 Bulb Size)

Does anyone have any experience of these and how effective are they as a replacement, I picked up a pistol and eight of these capsules with an adapter. I take it you charge them from a cylinder or pump, any help and advice would be helpful

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Eight

Two were just sold on the 'bay for £127.

If I remember correct the give about twenty shots each.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain D View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of these and how effective are they as a replacement, I picked up a pistol and eight of these capsules with an adapter. I take it you charge them from a cylinder or pump, any help and advice would be helpful

Iain D
    I was talking to Nigel Silcock about these at the weekend (very interesting) & I remember themin the mags yrs ago.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I have one and they work well. About 20 shots. You need the adapter and a tank that allows you to charge to 240 bar.
    Mines in the wardrobe waiting for a co2 ban!

I've just acquired another two carts that makes a total of 10 , I will try and charge them up and see if they hold pressure.

Iain D

I've got a couple of these tucked away somewhere. From memory, they needed to be charged to 300BAR, which wasn't very practical with the gear I had at the time. I loaned one of them to a club member who tried it out in a S&W 6" but wasn't impressed owing to the low shot count obtained.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Only charge to 240 bar Iain. I know thats right as I have the Brocock instruction leaflet.
    You dont want a big bang for Christmas- not that sort anyway.

It's very interesting that this has come up, because Paddy and I were only discussing it with Nigel Silcock (Mr. Brocock) last Sunday.

It turns out that his late Father designed them, who sadly passed away and took his secret to the grave - nothing on the assembly procedure was ever written down, apparently, and was all in the old boy's head.

The problem seems to be that each capsule houses about fifteen washers of differing shapes, thicknesses and sizes. Nigel still has thousands of parts for the air capsules in stock, but without knowing where each indiividual washer goes, cannot reproduce his Dad's original design, even though he'd love to. Obviously, the permutations of different washer configurations when you have so many in each cartridge runs into many thousands. He and his team has tried to reproduce a working version from the parts they have, without success.

So, if you have one or more of these, they are a rarity and I suggest you hang on to them.

The good news is (maybe) that we have hopefully put Nigel in touch with someone who may be able to help. I've seen an example of this chap's engineering work and quite frankly, it's mind-bogglingly good, so watch this space.

Brocock capsules

Could they not disassemble an old capsule and copy the internal order? ( I guess they've tried that and hit other problems, they ain't stupid ). People who knock Co2 pistols may not appreciate the big advantage is the compactness and light weight possible compared to just about all pcp pistols, which can be unwieldy brutes. If Brocock could develop a modest priced air pistol as handy as a gas pistol, with decent shot count then they really would have a winner.

Torrens

I've got a schematic of the capsule, don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, can't remember where I got it but here it is;

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n.../capsule-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mpw View Post
    I've got a schematic of the capsule, don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, can't remember where I got it but here it is;

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n.../capsule-1.jpg
    Hi.

Would it be possible if you could send that to me via ubc.competition@googlemail.com ?

As I'm intending to see Nigel / be in contact hopefully next week.

Never know some good might come out of it.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Hi Paddy,

Email sent with attachment.

Cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpw View Post
    Hi Paddy,

Email sent with attachment.

Cheers

Mike
    Recieved, thanks for that.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

With all the o rings in the construction I take it there is a chance that they will reqire some looking after, 2 out of the 10 capsules that i have are still in the original boxes and i am assuming that they are unused, the rest well they were just lying loose in a box. The old TAC carts i think you had to put a drop of oil on the o rings, would that be the case with these capsules

Just a thought!

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/w...4/PC120001.jpg
    Last edited by Iain D; 12-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain D View Post

Iain D
    Hi, I had a couple, ( They performed pretty poor ) Shot count being 12,-15, & On a steep graduated scale !
    Here they are , With an adapter to fit a Stirrup type pump .

Pic-http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture233.jpg
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture232.jpg
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture196.jpg

I made a number of adapters for the Brocock Scissor type pump ( Slim Jim ) & the stirrup pumps , I also made a Co2 adapter ( But I find a Pic ! )

I still have most of these, At 45 Pence a Co2 cylinder, They are just not worth the effort ( My opinion only ? ) Ged.