Thread: Hammerli AR20 FT Problem

Hammerli AR20 FT Problem

Had my ar20 for a few months now, first strange thing is that no matter which pellets I use every 6/7th pellet went wild, put it down to my shooting.

Changed my scope and for the last three weekends off a bench, I've tried 3 times to set it up.

Problem I've got is that it just won't hold zero. Set up at 30yds pellet on pellet. out to 55, 45 & 40. Decided to go back to 30 to find its dropping about an inch, back out to 55 and its its dropping there to. Reset at 30 and same thing happens.

Tried usual things cleaned barrel, changed pellets (JSPs/AA/Mozzies/Accupels) , cleaned pellets.

Think it time to send it back to BAR - can't think of anything else it could be.

Just wondered where you support it.
    On the lads AR20 we found a small amount of movement when supporting forward of the hamster. The shroud and fore stock being connected was causing the barrel to be lifted and thus moving POI.
    Solved by removing shroud and fitting a floating carbon fiber one.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.
    Lloyd

used shooting cushion for support, then tried hand on bench with hamster in hand

Sounds like you need to get it on a chrono.
    I have one and so does my mate and we have had no problems at all.

Sounds like the reg might be playing up, like Bobt said, get the chrono out And I assume you know if the scope is okay?

yeah must get it on the club crono on Sunday - scopes great

mmm Gun great - scopes suffered in this weather, seems the mirror is sticking in the cold weather