Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any guns you dont like?

Here I leap to the defense of Gamo pistols.

Well... sort of skip anyway.

The Compact is a fine gun, the trigger and sear can be fettled, the grip, balance, recoil and accuracy suggest a package well above the asking price IMHO. A good entry to target shooting at an affordable price, especially for juniors. And the grip can be fairly easily modified for small hands. As single stroke pneumatics go I think it is excellent.

The P45 is OK, nothing more, nothing less. Well engineered but a little underwhelming. There are better pistols in the price range and also plenty worse. The Center I like (quite novel loading mechanism at the time and solidly engineered) but it is quirky and I find it a little pellet fussy. It is never my first choice when I grab a gun for 20 minutes plinking which for me says it all.

The P800? Plastic, noisy, inaccurate, underpowered crap. Bought mine second hand in mint unused condition for £20. Robbed. One of those 'collector gene' purchases.

If I had that gene removed I'd be a rich man!

ATB
    Steve
    "When I die I want to die peacefully in my bed, not screaming like the passengers of the bus my grandad was driving" - Emo Phillips

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

felt it was only right to say the compact is an excellent budget price trgt pistol after the comment on the para.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    anything with millitary styling - no need!!!!!!!! unless you like pretending you are Rambo
    Amen to that.

The new Webleys, they just look like cheap Hatsan copies (feel like it too). Also the newer BSA makes, that made in Turkey tube, with the BSA England barrel just looks wrong.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Any guns you dont like?

I thought I had better add the Diana model 2. If I had to give a gun to an idiot (yes I know a few) then the Baikal ij38 would be one that I would reckon would be hard to beat-----BUT you would have to explain about the barrel release catch. You could go for a Baikal 512 instead but I dont like them much. I think the CCCP made guns were better than the Russian made ones going off the few that I have seen.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I thought I had better add the Diana model 2. If I had to give a gun to an idiot
    That'll be the gun I gave to you then
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

i hate the whistcome

thats because i dont own one ...........

YET

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Webley Hurricane. Loads of plastic, horrible to strip down, made as cheaply as possible. It even had rolled pins instead of solid ones. Nasty POS.
    A far cry from something properly engineered like a Senior or Mk1.

disliked guns

Got to agree with red bob about the paratrooper triggers. I had a .22 when i was about 14 that was held together by a jubilee clip, as the front screw castings were broke when I swapped it (for a gat & ten bob) the sear used to regulary flip over & it took half an hr each time to undo the jublilee clip to put it right! Hate any guns that don't shoot well from new & had great reviews (like my sons R10 now sorted by JB).

edbear2 Guest
    ANYTHING with ANY plastic ANYWHERE..Steel and Walnut here only!.......Same for Diecast "aluminium"(Which is zinc anyway). The technical metal spec term for the latter being;

Sierra Hotel One Tango

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    ANYTHING with ANY plastic ANYWHERE...
    I totally agree particulary the soul-less FWB Sport !

Gulp!!!! I take it you havent actually owned a Sport? They are in my opinion probably one of the best classic spring guns out there and are a joy to shoot.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Gulp!!!! I take it you havent actually owned a Sport? They are in my opinion probably one of the best classic spring guns out there and are a joy to shoot.
    Andy
    i think the last post was tongue in cheek

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i think the last post was tongue in cheek
    Yes indeed, hence the wink

Although they do have plastic triggers!

Quote Originally Posted by pmcb View Post
    Yes indeed, hence the wink

Although they do have plastic triggers!
    funnily enough i have never seen a broken plastic trigger but i have seen three aluminium ones broken
    think it happens when people try to push the trigger block into the cylinder without some kind of spring compressor

Hook line and sinker for me on that one gents.....
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !