Thread: If Ox springs are so bad then why do.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    As Simon says
    Belive it or not, some people go out to by a "Hox" spring, beliving they are the be all and end all to make your rusty old bsa meteor take off a nats knacker at 100 yards. You, I or Ben T can't tell them otherwise, so rather than loosing a sale, they provide the customer with what they want.

Pete
    I plink, therefore I am.

Dont you just love marketing, for the uninitiated its all designed to empty your pockets of your hard earned.

bozzerman Guest
    Just backing up what's been said.

Unfortunately, if you bump into 10 airgunners at different times....at least one of them will tell you that he's put an Ox spring in his gun and can now kill elephants at 300 yards.

Firstly they will ruin your gun, secondly they will ruin your gun and thirdly they will ruin your gun....get the message!

Sadly a high percentage of airgunners still believe power is the ultimate ingredient. If they have a gun that jumps over their shoulder when they pull the trigger they think it's great .... even if they can't hit anything with it. It's like a substitute for Mr twinky that lives in their trousers.

On the Ox spring pack it says something like...fit this to your gun and it may go over the legal limit...this alone is enough to attract a fair share of heroes.

If shops are going to sell dozens of these then they will stock them.

Boz

WILBA Guest
    save on machining out your piston just fit a ****** spring and it will file it out for you. also as a side effect you will if you clamp your gun in a vice hit and kill elephants at 500 metres only thing guaranteed by fitting an oxo spring is it will **** up your gun by shaking it to pieces. thinking about that it will save you a lot of time on stripping the gun done by it falling apart for you
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by PeteB
    As Simon says
    Belive it or not, some people go out to by a "Hox" spring, beliving they are the be all and end all to make your rusty old bsa meteor take off a nats knacker at 100 yards. You, I or Ben T can't tell them otherwise, so rather than loosing a sale, they provide the customer with what they want.

Pete
    What do you mean take off a nats knacker at 100 yds? Read the crow thread. There's a guy on there can do rats, so he should be able to do nats knackers! (ox spring or not).