i did buy a pair of 10-60x50 zoom binoculars years ago when i didn't know any better. turns out they didn't magnify anything like 60x... more like 9x - 15x, i only noticed this after buying a pair of fixed mag 15x70 bins. the over whelming feeling i had with the first was at any thing higher than the lowest setting they were very dim and hazy, also the field of view was very narrow compared to a fixed power set of 10x50 bins i also later bought from lidls but the main problem was the alignment shifted every time i zoomed in or out and always got headaches looking through them because of it. took them to bits in a fit of rage trying to get the zoom bit out and make them fixed power 10x none of the internal lenses had anti reflective coatings and no wonder the alignment was all over the place the zoom lenses rattled about in there plastic holders.

the lidles 10x50's were ok i thought when i first bought them and only £9.99 but they just dont compare to the 8x42's i use now which have better low light performance clearer sharper image are water proof so they dont fog up inside when you bring them in from the cold or steam up inside from sweat under your coat they are also perfectly collumated and have stayed that way for years despite the odd knock the anti reflective coatings on them are fantastic and give excellent contrast and colour and im pretty sure with luck i'll still be using them in 20 years or more.

i guess if your going to be using them a lot its worth splashing out on a good pair.
i got well into bird watching for a while and wanted the swaro 8.5x42 el's costing £1000 but settled for my opticron imagics at £369 and put the savings towards a good spotting scope, though i got lucky with a second hand meopta scope with fixed 25x and 40x eyepieces for £45!!!!!!

anyways what ever you get enjoy them... saying that you cant go far wrong with a set of 8x42's for hunting and for phenomenal low light performance 7x50's if you can find a good set.