Thread: Treats4Troops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Treats4Troops

I mentioned the Treats4Troops 'collection for the ladies' to our MD at work and he thinks it is an excellent idea. I have installed three collection boxes around our site, put a slide together for our monthly company brief for 300+ employee's, and the MIS / IT department have put a message on the desktop of all company PC's.
    I hope after the Christmas and New Year break that people will bring in any 'unwanted' presents.

My wife has also had a collection at her work and that resulted in a rather large and heavy carrier bag full of items. Almost all of this stuff is good quality gear and I am surprised by the quick response so far. (Only mentioned it to the wife a few days ago).

I have got a local Avon girl on the case as well , so hopefully by January there will be a few boxes to send off.

ATB
    Paul.

(PS-Cliff, thanks for the call this week - my landline should be ok now)
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by The Rabbit Man View Post
    I mentioned the Treats4Troops 'collection for the ladies' to our MD at work and he thinks it is an excellent idea. I have installed three collection boxes around our site, put a slide together for our monthly company brief for 300+ employee's, and the MIS / IT department have put a message on the desktop of all company PC's.
    I hope after the Christmas and New Year break that people will bring in any 'unwanted' presents.

My wife has also had a collection at her work and that resulted in a rather large and heavy carrier bag full of items. Almost all of this stuff is good quality gear and I am surprised by the quick response so far. (Only mentioned it to the wife a few days ago).

I have got a local Avon girl on the case as well , so hopefully by January there will be a few boxes to send off.

ATB
    Paul.

(PS-Cliff, thanks for the call this week - my landline should be ok now)
    Paul, that is fantastic mate. Thank you so much.
    Cliff.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

Thumbs up Update....Update....Update.....

Just to update this thread.....

I am still collecting donations at work this week until Friday and then we will box everything up and send it.
    The response has been very good both from friends and work colleagues, and it has been suggested that at work another collection is organised for later on in the year

Cliff - I will let you know when the parcels are on the way by 'phone call.

ATB
    Paul
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

Further update......

Two large boxes are on the way to Cliff, thanks to all those at work and friends who donated.

It has been suggested at work that we continue with Treats 4 Troops collections later on in the year

ATB
    Paul.
    ATB, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by The Rabbit Man View Post
    Two large boxes are on the way to Cliff, thanks to all those at work and friends who donated.

It has been suggested at work that we continue with Treats 4 Troops collections later on in the year

ATB
    Paul.
    HOLY MOTHER OF BOXES!!!

Two "Large" boxes arrived at about 10.00 am this morning...

"Large" is an understatement! The combined weight is over 40 Kg

Paul, please pass on my thanks to all concerned. I wasn't expecting so much stuff, and I've only opened the 'smaller' or the two humungus boxes so far.

I can safely say, we now have enough pamper products to send to the girls in Bastion hospital, they will all be looking and smelling delicious!

Amazing effort, Paul. Well done and thank you.

Cliff.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

Cliff,

Glad the boxes arrived ok
    That was a pretty good turn out from everyone.

Your thanks have been passed on to all who took part in this collection, and we hope that the ladies get some good use from all that stuff

ATB
    Paul
    ATB, Paul