Thread: Tuning a Walther CP88 or a Berreta 92FS

Tuning a Walther CP88 or a Berreta 92FS

Can the trigger pulls be 'tuned' on these pistols to give a smoother pull on double action.

How about the power - are there any upgrade kits that pick the power up a bit, anybody done any worthwhile mods to these models, seeing that they have been around a few years now I have not seen anything being advertised for them commercially, so I guess it would be down to enthusiastic owners.

So lets here it from anybody that's tuned one

Not done any mods to improve power as I am happy with their designed output.
    The triggers on the other hand benefit from a bit of TLC.
    I have a colt and a 92 and on both I have removed the side plates to expose the trigger mechs. (careful there are springs in there, if you've not done it before do it in a clear plastic bag to catch the flying bits).
    I then lubricate any bits that have a bit of pressure on them with Molybdenum disulphide grease applied with a jewellers screwdriver to the bearing surfaces and any slidy or swivelly bits I use gun oil from a pen oiler.
    Refit the side plate and grips and cycle a few times to distribute the lubes and the trigger smooths out nicely. I have not yet seen the need to polish any components so don't know how much better you can make it. I would say that both mine were second hand and therefore presumably well "run in" by their previous owners.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Ive read in the past that as they have a magazine system,you lose power there ,and there is not much scope for tuning,so best to leave it as,and enjoy what they were made for plinking.