Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Target Returns

Electric Target Returns

Hi there,

I am building a range in my back garden, I have the pellet catcher, a brick wall and the dimensions already marked out. Then I thought about getting an electric target return, to save my fat arse from walking that whole 20m each time I want to check my accuracy!

Could someone point me in the direction of where I could find one of these for sale, does anyone have a second hand one I could take off your hands, or are there any plans anywhere for making one, I shouldn't think it will be too hard to put together a series of pulleys and a couple of lines.. Will get the CAD drawer out and see what I can come up with!!!

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    2 pulleys some string and a pegIf you cant be bothered by hand cheapo cordless drill has forward and reverse on it already
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

defblade is offline There's a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza
    The excuse is actually to be able not to move your feet when changing target to mainatin accuracy

Pulling a string by hand isn't toooooo onerous!

I did make one for my old 6yd indoor range.... but that was because it was in the attic and walking to the target involved climbing over approx 3000 boxes and trying not to fall through into a bedroom
    New: Hammerli AP20; BSA Meteor for daughter (and rats ); TX200 with a scope on top;
    Baikal MP-651K for plinking; and a friend with an Original 75 he doesn't mind me using!

Oh that's why they are used!!

Thanks for the advice, where's the cheapest place to pick one up.. Ive had a look on the net and they are about £250 new! Would rather put that money into a rifle at my stage!

Probably best off home-building. Unless you can find one going second-hand (on the boards here for example), you won't get much below the £200 mark.
    If you can find a club that is upgrading to electronics, they might part with a changer on the cheap, but that's about it. And not many clubs do.

Thing is, they're an investment - they more or less last forever. They don't go out of date or become obsolete or anything!
    I know clubs with 15-20 year old changers that work just as well as they did on day one.
    It's a steep starting price, but it will last a lifetime if you look after it.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    You can get the hand wind ones at a reasonable price, they include backstop, winding kit , a complete answer. I think the German site Schiesssport Buinger has them, can't check at the moment as his site appears to be down.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

The sites back up, they are 89 Euros, look Schiessport Buinger, training, backstops.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

what about a spotting scope?
    it's what we have to use at our club for distances over 10m.
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Thanks for the advice, Robin C I have looked at the site, but can't find the actual item. Could I be a pain in the arse and get you to give me the directions in more detail or even send me the link if it's not too much trouble... Thanks all again!

I'm not to hot with confusers so I could not work out the link! But go to the site, www.schiesssport-buinger.de On the lists on the left side of the homepage go to the bottom, "Zug - und - Biathlonanlangen" or if you have the translation "Train and Biathlon facilities", then go to "kugelfang" or in translation "Backstop". The hand wind unit is the second item down, 89 euro including 19% Vat, it will be plus carriage and they take PayPal.
    Good Shooting
    Robin

Thanks mate, top man... I will be ordering one this very evening!!

Merry Christmas!

Sticking in my 2penneth, I assume that these are for 10m as it doesn't say the length of cable?
    In case you don't know 10m rifle uses 10 x 10 cm targets with 3cm bull.
    Pistols use 17 x 17 cm targets with 6 cm bull. This would explain the 10 € price difference (backstop bigger??)
    So make sure you order which one you want. Obviously the larger pistol one could be used for the smaller rifle targets, but perhaps not the other way round?
    This is my take on this & I could be wrong (not for the first time!!)
    Dave

Thanks for the help DeeBee, I will have a look again, I didn't order last night so just as well I got your message.. I will make sure that I get the right one! Thanks for your help.

I think you will find the 10 on a air rifle 10m target is 0.5mm
    Regards
    Bob