Thread: Is this a decent BP revolver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dave is right, i forgot to mention that you must be a member of a club, which is not a problem as there are quite a few here. The system is excellent as far as I am concerned, it ensures sport shooting is accessible to all under controlled conditions and hunting can only be undertaken by those who have been trained. what more could you ask.
    Air Arms S200 in .22, BSA Ultra in.22, BSA S10BB full length in .177, HW57 in .177,Want a TX200 and maybe a Prosport

I say you chaps in France, are metallic cartridge fullbore handguns still legal over there? I ask as France is only a swim away from me

And I get a £1 crossing throught the Chunnel which saves my arms a bit

Finally any pistol clubs near Calais?
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

If you have the appropriate licence and are a member of a club you can own pretty much any revolver semi auto pistol that takes your fancy. My three boys have recently fired a rather nice 357 and a number of 9mm revolvers and semi autos. I am afraid I am no where near Calais but for clubs etc try asking at :

http://www.fusil-calais.com/

they seem very helpful if a little expensive.

Let us know how you get on.
    Air Arms S200 in .22, BSA Ultra in.22, BSA S10BB full length in .177, HW57 in .177,Want a TX200 and maybe a Prosport

If you Google Federation Francaise de Tir (FFTir) you should find a list of clubs somewhere. I joined in September which is the beginning of the club year. After a paying fees (142€) & range safety test (multiple choice & they supply the paperwork to learn, but in French!) I got a provisional licence de tir (shooting licence) Few weeks later got full licence with which I can buy FAC air rifles, 22lr rifles & center fire rifles in hunting calibers.
    After 6 months , Licence 4th category , pistols 22lr up to (not incl) 9mm & 1st cat other pistols & rifles (army calibers)
    Met some really nice guys (& a few women) & have spent a LOT of money on 22's & BP;
    Already picked out a few pistols for February

db

france

That is interesting reading about france but if any of you guys are going over could you fetch me back 1 of the of set .22 moderators so i can use with open sights that would be handy.

regards

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Black powders guns, whether antique or reproduction, along with air guns, regardless of power level, aren't regulated by federal law in the US either: although state and local law may say otherwise.

My hometown of Philadelphia, for example, completely bans the sale and possession of air guns and BB guns.

Ironically, the City of Philadelphia is located in the State of Pennsylvania, which is not only a "shall issue" state for concealed weapons permits, but also has a pre-emptive law, preventing its municipalities from regulating firearms.

But since airguns aren't "firearms", as defined by Pennsylvania law, the pre-emptive law doesn't stop Philadelphia from banning airguns.

So if you're a law-abiding adult resident of Philadelphia, you can get a permit from the state enabling you to legally walk the streets with a 15 shot 9mm under your coat: but you can't legally have a Daisy Red Ryder in your closet.

You figure it out!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Wow and I thought the UK laws were weird! are there any figures comparing gun crimes in each of the states, if so are the restricted states more or less likely to suffer crime? It would be interesting to see.

As for the black powder I finally went for the Pietta 1858 confederate. I know its got a brass chasis but I only want it to have a go as I have my eye on the remington stainless target if all goes well with this one. The price of 165 euros also played a part in my decision.