Thread: Walther lgm-1

Walther lgm-1

Hi everyone.I have recently bought a walther lgm-1 match rifle which is in really tidy condition.I have done a bit of internet research on the rifle and it looks like it had a really short production run before being replaced with the lgm-2.Could anyone tell me if there were any problems that caused the lgm-1 to be dropped so quickly.I also own a walther lgr which has prooved to be an excellent problem free rifle,so here's hopeing the lgm-1 is the same...Thanks in advance for any information...Lewis...

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Lewis
    The LGM1 is an excellent rifle, it did indeed have a short run and it is an update on the long running previous model (I think LG-90?) with a different loading tap, trigger, and a few other mods, the LGM2 was little changed from the LGM1, the only significant difference I think was with a laminated stock on some versions, the LGM2 then continued for some while. I'm not aware of any problem. I suspect it was to reduce production cost. There is some history of the Walther SSP's on the Pilkgun site, Coaching and Info, 10p files.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 29-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

No real problems with the LGM1 usually comes in a LG90 style stock is easily mistaken for the LG90 which was ambidextrous if I remember, but the LGM1 action is different & is handed I think? The LGM2 usually comes in a laminate stock & there are other cosmetic difference's barrel weights being one of them.
    Valve seals are the same as for the Walther LGR series.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!