Thread: Match 54 Trigger

Match 54 Trigger

Hi,

I have a Match 54 Prone Rifle which I recently bought from a club member. I noticed there is a lot of creep on the trigger. It is more like a 2 stage trigger but the release weight is too low after taking up the slack.

I don't think it is meant to be 2 stage, but rather a single stage with a problem.

Here is a picture of the trigger unit:

Where the arrow is pointing is a threaded part of the trigger with no screw in. This means the mechanical part of the trigger which actually releases the sear has an air gap which gives the slack movement. If you look through the hole is half obscured where the bit which releases the trigger is pushed back.

I found a screw (M2?) and fitted it but now the trigger won't cock.

Using different size allen keys in the hole I found that the perfect spot was around 3/4 of the hole diameter pin.

Clearly that's not possible when in the stock and I don't think an undersized pin put in place is a particularly safe or reliable solution. Is there a way I can adjust the trigger to work with the screw in place?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
    Not sent from an iPhone.

screw

hi matt.
    Thr missing screw needs to be replaced as on all the 54 triggers I have seen this does adjust the trigger,
    John F.

I don't know if you've seen this Web Site or not, but at the bottom of the Small Bore Rifle section (previous models) there's a Download Link to the Manual for a Model 54 with your Trigger which has a section on trigger Adjustment.

https://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/inde...ngsanleitungen[M]&sprache=1

HTH, Vic Thompson.

Thanks guys, I got the answer on Target Talk. It is indeed missing a screw but it is a tapered screw so it can be adjusted to the correct setting. I simply found a set screw which fitted but that is clearly too much.

I just need to find the correct screw or have a set screw machined to taper just keeping the thread on the top end.
    Not sent from an iPhone.