Thread: What you shot this christmas then?

What you shot this christmas then?

OK, the wife told me to chop up some old food and give it to the birds. So after she went to work, out came the HW40. 4 mini pork pies, three vol u vents and 4 out of date sausage rolls went in a cardboard box at 6 meters. 40 odd RWS Hobbys later, they were suitably shredded. Wonder if she'd miss that 100 pack of tea lights from Ikea

Wot i shot

You realise that when your local dickies have scarfed that lot,

Your average heavier than air bird will have a maximum altitude of 3.2 inches,

Your moggie/dog is going to have a field day

Happy New Year.

i got a crossbow for christmas so mostly shot air,mud and the odd rare lucky shot into the target(shot in a field) spent most of my time trying to find the arrows!!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by tonebone1 View Post
    i got a crossbow for christmas so mostly shot air,mud and the odd rare lucky shot into the target(shot in a field) spent most of my time trying to find the arrows!!
    My funniest "lost arrow" session involved losing one (never did find it), but in the course of searching for it, finding one that I'd lost during a previous session!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Metal detector for next christmas, maby get it early. Seem to remember this from my days of shooting a compound bow. Stick to air pistols these days.

Pretty well shredded my target holder (big cardboard box stuffed with rags, carpet underlay and similar oddments) in two sessions with my new CX4.
    30 shots in under 15 seconds does cause some wear and tear.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    My funniest "lost arrow" session involved losing one (never did find it), but in the course of searching for it, finding one that I'd lost during a previous session!

Jim
    If you were Robin Hood you'd have been buried on top of the wardrobe.

Happy NY BTW Jim

Seem to remember a similar problem to the arrows when I tried golf. Much prefer the fire and forget approach of a pellet (except the odd bit of plaster on the spare room wall)

Anyone tried golf with a bottle of Gin and a catapult?