Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Southern Hunter Series Round Four: Ford Rangers, Sunday 09th January!

Great Shoot

We both enjoyed the day, thank Richard and Team.
    See you again soon.
    Nigel
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Fordies did good!....great days shooting...as always...

Well i 'Tamed the beast'...unfortunately some Tamed better...Like that Cargan guy....Lovely bloke, from t' North....

Actually 58 with that piece of s*i*e, very impressive, beat my springer best!!
    Well done that 'Oakie'..

Thanks Billy for helping me round..glad you won a score!!
    Surprised Richard hit anything, all stresed up and nervous..(shooting against me..)

It has to be said that had i been faced with putting on a Southern Hunters, with all the work that goes into it...setting up in one day, with just 3 Loyal Fordies.....I would be stressed, loads of people hanging around for the bonus bunny.....whilst 4 blokes drag all the targets in...mmmm!

Thankyou Fordies!
    XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Well done Fordies especially Richard with his 'squinty eye' , I thought for a moment there you fancied me til you said you had something in your eye ..... just after you had been in the woods with Spongy too

Another ' should have cleared course ' but like every other week it's just not that easy for us chancers Quite pleased with my score considering my 45 aim point changed from 1 dot to nearly three

Well done , some very good scores today

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

hunter88 is offline Hunter Field 'Tree' Shooter
    was so ready to come this morning but ended up taking myself to A&E with the whole of my face in a rash or hives GUTTED and what a day to miss to perfect weather no much wind

Still next time
    http://www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk/ SiHFT Winners 2008 2009 2010

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Thankyou Richard and the few one more than two for all the work and effort, thank the Lord (and I don't mean Sir Brian Talk Alot) the wind didn't pick up it would have been carnage.

Got off to a great start as always split my first target the easy for most but always impossible for me free stander, fortunately Mr Morrison had it for his second target and split it at 6 O'clock in sympathy.

Well shot John Carliell to but as he shot a solid 59, but got the stander, so not sure that counts.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Big Dave is offline Formerly known as Badger410
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    loads of people hanging around for the bonus bunny.....whilst 4 blokes drag all the targets in...mmmm!

Shame those people hanging about didn't know the course needed bringing in. I'm sure at least some of them would have helped, as they did when they visited the Oakes.

Ford

Big Thanks to Mr Mike B nice to go round with you.

And a Big Big Thanks for halping to get the Targets in we need more like you Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Shame those people hanging about didn't know the course needed bringing in. I'm sure at least some of them would have helped, as they did when they visited the Oakes.
    We know you would Dave, as would almost all HFT'ers - I think because the course was a distance from the club area that it wasn't obvious, when you see people bringing the course in it acts as a prompt, but as a host you don't like to ask. Mike knew we were short handed this weekend and so offered to help, and as such I hereby declare my undying love for him

It is a point though, I wonder if we could make it part of HFT etiquette that as people leave a course they offer to bring in a target? It makes the hosting club's job much easier and speeds up the presentations etc.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    We know you would Dave, as would almost all HFT'ers - I think because the course was a distance from the club area that it wasn't obvious, when you see people bringing the course in it acts as a prompt, but as a host you don't like to ask. Mike knew we were short handed this weekend and so offered to help, and as such I hereby declare my undying love for him

It is a point though, I wonder if we could make it part of HFT etiquette that as people leave a course they offer to bring in a target? It makes the hosting club's job much easier and speeds up the presentations etc.

Richard

I think that's a great idea.

One club I visit, ask for this to happen during the safety speech. There are still some that disappear without helping but many stay and it's all away in a very short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I think that's a great idea.

One club I visit, ask for this to happen during the safety speech. There are still some that disappear without helping but many stay and it's all away in a very short space of time.
    Exactly!
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Good idea Richard, it would help to move along the presentations etc...also take some pressure off the hosting clubs!

I wasn't pointing the finger at you Dave, or anyone in particular, i do know however that some people knew the course was coming in, yet didn't offer to help?

Maybe we should make an announcement, when shooting finishes asking for 'able bodied' people to drag some in...sounds good!

When we run SIHFT, most people hang around and help the hosting clubs to pull in the course if required.

XX

EDIT;...Too Slow.....
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

All i want to know is, how many Springers are ahead of me?
    Points make prizes!

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    I paid my six quid.

Monkey(Panda Hater)
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

the poofy shirt bloke

as some would know sir talk alot would have normaly helped to bring in the trgets but unfortunatly (not) had a dinner date and could not hang around . hence the pooffy shirt bit. had a hard shoot today couldnt get it in my head where the cross hair and the first mildot should be ah well ya cant win golds all the time boys otherwise it gets boring see ya at the next one lads good shootin gary and andy

Mike,

My reply maybe was a little overly defensive as most of the hangers on were from WLR and my shooting partner and I were one of the last to leave the course and didn't give it a thought. I was also feeling a little light headed having got my first Gold of the year.