I bought this scope used online on a whim from a Canadian hunter who used it to hunt Moose and Elk as I will be in the market for a .308 once I have the money, and already owning a Trijicon Accupoint and Acog, I know that Trijicon scopes are fine pieces of equipment.

I had never heard of this model before I set eyes on this one, and a bit more digging revealed that there are NO pictures or information on this model anywhere online. There are a few pictues of an earlier Trijicon Spectrum model that was produced in the 80's that looks a fair bit different to this model, but this particular model does not appear anywhere in Trijicon's line up, and no retailers even in the U.S. seem to stock them. The serial number also reinforces it's rarity, the serial number is 000006!

The build quality is excellent as usual with nice clear glass and the scope is tough enough to beat someone to death with. The body is very similar to my Accupoint with a slightly different front lens housing profile to the Accupoint, and the lenses etc would be the same as the Accupoint, being made by LOW of Japan then the whole assembly is shipped to the Trijicon factory for final fitting and finishing.

The most striking thing about this scope is the rear bell. It is fitted with 4 light gathering ports (for lack of an accurate term), which can be rotated to light the reticule (2 horizontal lines with a central dot approx 3-4 MOA) one of four colours, or off for black. So depending on light conditions you can choose from either a green, red, amber, white, or black reticule! I've never seen this on a rifle scope before and it works rather well. The Tritium seems to be dead unfortunately but the scope still lights up well in low light conditions and as I will never be shooting in total darkness, it fills it's role well especially as it doesn't take batteries like any Trijicon scope.

It's a well made, very solid, rare as hens teeth, versatile in all lighting conditions scope, and if you see one grab it, as you will probably never come across another one again.

Link to pics of both the scope body and different colours of the reticule below (the red and amber pics look similar but in the flesh the red does look red, and the amber does look amber!, sorry about the dog hair in the pics too lol!).

http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/a...TRUM%203X9-40/