Thread: Regional Pistol Squad

Regional Pistol Squad

Hello Folks

I am currently in the process of setting up a regional squad for air pistol and free pistol, covering cumbria, lancashire, greater manchester and cheshire as part of a project started by Sport England to bridge the gap between county level shooting and national level shooting. The basic idea is to offer training and support to shooters who wish to compete at the higest level that they are capable of. Training sessions will initially be held at Blackburn Rifle and Pistol Club with the longer term aim of holding training sessions across the region. I am currently looking for people who would like to compete at this level (whatever your current shooting standard) and people who feel they could help with the coaching (whether formally qualified or not). If you fall into either catagory pleas PM me or post on this thread

Many Thanks

Neil Carter

Good luck to you Neil, I have just set up the South Central squad.

Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Regards
    Bob

Mercia Regional Squad

We have been running a regional rifle squad in the East Midlands for the last two years. It was always our intention to expand into pistol and as a result we are holding our first Mercia Pistol Squad meeting at Holwell Rifle Club on 30th January. As Neil says, it is not your standard that matters; what is necessary is the ambition to improve and a willingness to train to achieve it.

If you are interested in the Mercia Pistol Squad then drop us an Email.

and people who feel they could help with the coaching (whether formally qualified or not).
    Cough.....

The first step to becoming qualified is to become a Club Instructor. We just happen to have a course scheduled for 5th Feb at Holwell. Once again, Email for details and an application form.

Rutty

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    Hi All

I don't want to hijack Neil's thread, but this has got me thinking. Would it be worth while having a section/sticky/thread for regional squads? The West Midlands have had a rifle and pistol squad for 25 years, and it is still going strong.

Would this be useful to people on here? It might be useful for inter-regional discussion and competition as well...but Neil, you can leave Nangle at home, either that or I will nick his crutches :-)

Lee
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Smile

Hi Lee

I'm all for that - the more we work together, the better. As for the Nangle, we've tried kicking away his crutches but he still manages to beat us all

Neil