Thread: AA S200 Front Sight Inserts

AA S200 Front Sight Inserts

My son uses an AA S200 with diopter sight fitted for club 10m target shooting and I would like to find out if it is possible to either buy a set of inserts of different sizes for this rifle or alternatively would a different front sight fit which allows alternative size inserts to be fitted.

Thanks,

Pete

I would like to find out if it is possible to either buy a set of inserts of different sizes for this rifle
    The answer is yes, I think that Anschutz 18mm elements will fit, but don't quote me! There are 3 options available as far as foresight elements are concerned:

a. The metallic ones (this is the one I assume that you have fitted)
    b. The plastic ones, rebated around the edge to fit the screw-in fitting in the tunnel and with a countersunk hole to produce the ring.
    You can see both types illustrated here.

The third type is the Centra High End. These are glass with an inset ring and do give an excellent picture.

I haven't bothered with variable foresights as these start at £66.00 and go up to £150.00.

With foresights size matters! Too small an aperture will do a lot more "harm" than too large a one. The basic criterion is that all the movement should be contained within the aperture, so a novice will require an larger foresight than an experienced shooter. Starting with 4.8 or 4.6 would do no harm and it is unlikely that anything below 4.0 would be of any use to your son. I would suggest that you give the NSRA Shop a ring. They should be able to advise you on the type of element that will fit the S200.

Hope that this helps.

Rutty