Thread: TheCitizenSmith

BigEars Guest

TheCitizenSmith

It is with shock and sadness in my heart that I inform the BBS that Deon Smith sadly died Thursday of this week.

Deon was the Tayside Airgun Club Vice Chairman and was well known in Scottish airgunning circles as well as making many new friends recently during his forays south of the border.

I remember the day Deon Joined the club, coming along with an uncle, joining in a club shoot and winning the 0.22 class with a borrowed club gun. The big grin on his face on that occasion and on many others when he'd had a good day will remain in a lot of memories.

His passing is a sad loss to the club and all those who knew him.

My condolences go to Karen and the children.

Sad loss Deon was one of the good guys, RIP.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Deon wil be missed.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

BigEars Guest
    Anyone wishing to attend Deon's funeral. It at 1.45 in Ashtons the funeral directors in Lochee High Street, thereafter 2.30 at Birkhill Cemetery.

RIP

Not been to the club for a long time, just found out about Deon's passing away on the club website last night. I remember him well, in fact I was just wondering the other week when I eventually go back to the club what rifle he will have...when I was going to the club regularly - I think shortly after he had joined - he seemed to change rifles at an extraordinary rate, it was always interesting if you'd not been for a while to see what he'd be using!

Genuine bloke, real shame to lose him.

G.