Thread: Clubs / ranges near Norwich

Clubs / ranges near Norwich

Hi,

A belated happy New Year to everyone.

One of my New Years Resolutions is to try to improve my target shooting.

I'm been outside a few times already this year but as I'm sure many of you can appreciate the current weather conditions doesn't make for ideal shooting conditions...it seems like after a few hours I can't hold the sights steady for shivering.

Can any members therefore recommend any clubs / ranges near Norwich so I can get some practice in during these cold winter months.

I used to go to a club near Wymondham many years ago but I'm not sure if it's still there anymore.

Thank you in advance.

There's a helpful Sticky at the top of the target forum.

Not being local to Norwich I can't offer any more advice, but no doubt others will be along soon enough.

It may help if you mentioned what type of Target Shooting you are into as well. If you were local to me I could recommend 5 different "target" clubs, but there's a 4/5 chance I'd send you to the wrong one if asked to pick randomly because they all lean towards different disciplines!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Norwich City Target Club has a permanent indoor 10 mt range at Wensum lodge, King St, Norwich. For Rifle and Pistol, 11 points at 10 mts on electric returning targets. Club match pistols and rifles available. All standards from internationals to beginners, juniors to pensioners.
    Club night is Tuesday 6.00 to 9.00. You are welcome to come along.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

As Robin says, the Norwich City Target Club is great if you're wanting an indoor 10 metre rifle or pistol range - and the people there aren't too bad either
    If you're into HFT, you could try the Norwich Air Rifle and Field Target Club that shoots at Taverham most Sunday mornings. Check its website for non shooting days - when the ground is used for clay shooting.
    sj

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

The Norwich City Target Club seems to fit the bill.

I look forward to seeing you there soon.

Many Thanks.