Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remington 700 SPS Tactical .223

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    not a lot left for the pot nice shooting .
    mick
    Acta non Verba

haha cheers bud,

hows your remy 700 hunting coming along? you found any yet worth considering?

craig

just missed a 700 police ,c/w bases and rings £550 .
    still looking. Got a semi auto shogun to move on to add to the remmy fund .
    Mick
    Acta non Verba

bet your gutted mate, the police models are nice to, and with bases and rings for that price you must be gutted.

craig

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Enjoyed your review and your videos

tigman is offline Beaten by the sweary filter
    just having a quick watch now - that mod is quiet on your vids
    Family fun day event in Calne Wiltshire 2012
    Wincanton Arms Fair 9th Sept 2012 space for 600 stall's, parking upto 12,000
    contact via pm for more details

thanks ruger-shooter, there will be more videos to come soon so keep an eye out

yeah the mod is really quiet in the videos tigman, dont know if the phone or camera dulls down the actual noise cos it is fractionally louder in the field.

craig

nice rifle, good post, thinking of getting one now

I re-crowned mine whilst i had it threaded , fitted a timmney , and put it in a aics , clover leaf groups no problem its amazing how accurate , But i was not so impressed when i first got it , using a bipod and the original Houge stock 'to flexible' , ok if rested on a bag further back , i also use Remington 55gn with good effect not that its fussy .

I just bought a semi custom tactical .223 from rimfire magic, comes recrowned, bolt rails polished and a very crisp trigger, I will get it on the range soon but my first impressions are very good.
    I have handled a few rem 700 recently and the actions and triggers have been gritty and heavy, I wanted the 9 twist so there were not many choices. I will post some shooting impressions as soon as I canbut sofar so good

OK just got back from the first range test, after a few rounds to adjust the scope I put in a 7 shot one hole group at 50 metres off a sand bag. The trigger is superb the load was 24.0 of n140 behind a 60 grain hollow point.
    I will try some more ammo next week

interesting read.i have just bought one too.a 20" sps with a mtc genisis 5-20x50 with leup mounts.never fired a .223 like this and was surprised at how loud it was and there was also a lot of felt recoil.nothing compred to my .44 but it does kick.not being a prone shooter and never having shot past 50m.so today at severnside was a bit of an eye opener.shooting spinners at 50m is a lot of fun but no challange,100m out was a first for me and i shot about 1/2 groups.fairly happy but i thing a stock change will follow soon.the silencer is on order so that can not come soon enough.hopefully with pratice i will be able to improve my very inexperienced technique and do the gun some justice.

Zak did you get it from Bromsgrove.....???
    Without curiosity, evolution would have been greatly flawed.....

Lovely, I've just changed mine to ai stock from my converted mag laminate, very accurate rifles

I restocked mine with a bell and carlsen with full length ally bedding and have just ordered a floorplate and magazine from rimfire magic to convert from internal mag to external mag.
    it looks good and it shoots good.