Thread: please help co2 leaking in cp99 am i doing something wrong

please help co2 leaking in cp99 am i doing something wrong

hi guys pistol arrived yesterday with a co2 cartridge in.had great fun with it in afternoon.loaded another co2 cartridge another string of shots brilliant.left it overnight.put a cartridge in today and could hear gas escaping.emptied the cartridge.put another in nice and tight same again.should there be a visible o ring seal where the pin punctures the cartridge?i cant see one.is there a procedure to loading the gas?i had a beretta a while ago and loaded it the same as i did that.any help much appreciated.thanks

Loading gas into this gun is awkward.
    Tighten the brass screw as much as you can before operating the heel lever.
    If the gas doesnt load release the heel lever and tighten the brass screw again and operate the heel lever again.
    It is easy to turn the heel lever the wrong way and get out of sync. causing all sorts of hoo hah.
    If you are doing it right but the gas is still leaking put some pellgun oil on the tip of a capsule and fire it through.
    If the problem persists the seal may have gone.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Use a drop of Pellgunoil on every capsule for the first 5 or so.
    After tightening the screw partly operate the piercing mechanism, not enough to pierce, just enough to dimple the capsule. Then back off, take up the slack in the screw & pierce - Simples
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Gassing up the CP9 is a bit a menace to how easy a number of other pistols are.

I find having the heel lever at 90 degrees to tight (so at 9 oclock), then turning the thumb screw up to tight and then taking the heel lever to 12 oclock clockwise to puncture and lock it off works for me.

I wish you luck as the CP99 is a cracking little gun generally.

Dont know why they did this with the 99.
    My award for best co2 loading system goes to the Desert Eagle. Big screw with big key

brilliant cheers guys i think i have got a method now!! the slide seems to be sticking now !! only now and again say every 5 or 10 shots any ideas or is this just normal?thanks again

inserting the co2

hold the co2 in place when you turn the screw, i find that moving it just a little bit increases the leaking. you get a cleaner puncture if the co2 is held straight.