Have got my new Viper on my Mk4 and after a bit of experimenting, I now have have it set perfectly for me. I originally used the two mounts at the front set up, but I found I needed the scope further forward and the mounts were running out of rail. So I bit the bullet and sawed one of the mounts (just the ring - not the rail clamp) in half and mounted it with one normal mount at the front and the sawn in half one between the turret and the IR saddles. Seems to work prefectly.

Took it over the club today and gave it an extended session. Picked up another rifle with a standard spec scope on afterwards and it just seemed all wrong - bulky ret (it wasn't previously though...), very limited fov, fussy eye relief, relatively poor resolution and dim picture - and this all from a scope that previously was one of my reasonably priced favourites

The Connect is now my favourite. And to top it all, just before I left the wind dropped. On 8x mag using the 2nd mildot equivalent on the ret as an aimpoint, it put three pellets totally on top of each other at 55 yards! Very, very impressed.