Once again been playing with the Connect and NV this time using my old NVMT3 as an add-on.
The NV unit is one I brought off Soviet Bazaar some years ago and it's had a hard life, so this trial was more how the scope would deal with the inadaquaties of the NV, not least because the eye bell adjustment doesn't work properly and the tube has more black spots than a dalmatian.
First up I mounted it on my Taipan as a referance, it worked, the reticle was slightly fuzzy, but a decent FOV and a half resonable picture. Next to the Connect, as before the scope needs moving forward to get any sort of comfatable position, I had real problems focusing on the reticle not sure how much was due to the poor eye bell on NV but worse than Taipan. The FOV was very good. The close focus was another struggle, best I could get was 14yrds. Overall it wasn't usable for shooting anything live, so I swopped back to Taipan to recheck, with the Taipan I could focus down to 10yrds, and the scope was just about good enough to hunt with.
Looks like we need someone with a decent NV to try it out, but the Taipan just has the edge it seems.