Thread: MTC Viper Connect 3-12X32

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuhulain View Post
    Pity though, that MTC fell at the last hurdle.
    I'm sorry but this is not quite the case

1. I cannot comment on the scope you have, given that I have not seen it, other than to say that your asserion of the cap metal being stronger than the turret metal cheered me up immensely. I am assuming that this was a joke on your part and I appreciated it.

2. We cannot offer you a refund or a cash adjustment, this is a legal requirement as we are a VAT registered company. We sell to Uttings cheaper than they sell to you, therefore a VAT imbalance occurs.

3. Not able to swap. We do this all the time but our facilty is distribution not sales and as such we could not see you until Monday , so Sammie firstly felt it would be easier for you to send the unit back to Uttings and receive a new one, or a Taipan, or a refund, back from them. This way you get postage refunded and do not have a 50 mile each way drive. If I am truly honest, there was also an element of awkwardness in your manner and tone that made Sammie uncomfortable and as such she was disinclined to put you in touch with me, this coupled with the previous reinforced her inclination to pass you back to Uttings.

Personally, I'm not overly bothered, if it is like for like I am more than happy to do an exchange for you either by post or in person, so if you want a Connect, no problem. If you want a Taipan 4-16, no problem (the difference we will waive to compensate for postage or petrol).

So, as always, we will do whatever we can within the bounds of possibility and reasonableness, so work out what you want and, if I can help, let me know.
    Last edited by Gary C; 14-07-2011 at 12:43 PM.