Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect 3-12X32

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Once again been playing with the Connect and NV this time using my old NVMT3 as an add-on.
    The NV unit is one I brought off Soviet Bazaar some years ago and it's had a hard life, so this trial was more how the scope would deal with the inadaquaties of the NV, not least because the eye bell adjustment doesn't work properly and the tube has more black spots than a dalmatian.
    First up I mounted it on my Taipan as a referance, it worked, the reticle was slightly fuzzy, but a decent FOV and a half resonable picture. Next to the Connect, as before the scope needs moving forward to get any sort of comfatable position, I had real problems focusing on the reticle not sure how much was due to the poor eye bell on NV but worse than Taipan. The FOV was very good. The close focus was another struggle, best I could get was 14yrds. Overall it wasn't usable for shooting anything live, so I swopped back to Taipan to recheck, with the Taipan I could focus down to 10yrds, and the scope was just about good enough to hunt with.
    Looks like we need someone with a decent NV to try it out, but the Taipan just has the edge it seems.

Despite my problems making out the ret' last time I checked one out at BAR, I am once again becomming tempted by this innovative scope. I have read elsewhere that parallax error is reduced to insignificance, and I really fancy trying something a bit different. Looks like another trip to BAR next week for me!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Despite my problems making out the ret' last time I checked one out at BAR, I am once again becomming tempted by this innovative scope. I have read elsewhere that parallax error is reduced to insignificance, and I really fancy trying something a bit different. Looks like another trip to BAR next week for me!
    Andy

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Andy
    Andy, the ret is fine and can be lost against some backgrounds, but there is hell of a range on the ocular focus.

The AMD can make for some extermely accurate shooting though, and the IR if you use it (and you probably will with this one) is extremely good.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Thanks Para. Its a pity I cant buy a new set of eyes from Lloyd as well! Andy

On one of my many recent visits to Lloyd and the boys at B.A.R, I once again tried the Connect with the AMD ret. This time I manged to get a super clear and impressive sight picture. It seems I was attempting to focus the occular lens with the rubber eye bell attachment. What a d------d! Once I actually managed to focus the scope, I was well and truly impressed with what I saw, and I particularly liked the cross hairs only illumination and fine ret that makes my Bushnell 6500 ret look like a piece of thick rope.
    Will have to start saving again!
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    On one of my many recent visits to Lloyd and the boys at B.A.R, I once again tried the Connect with the AMD ret. This time I manged to get a super clear and impressive sight picture. It seems I was attempting to focus the occular lens with the rubber eye bell attachment. What a d------d! Once I actually managed to focus the scope, I was well and truly impressed with what I saw, and I particularly liked the cross hairs only illumination and fine ret that makes my Bushnell 6500 ret look like a piece of thick rope.
    Will have to start saving again!
    Andy
    Dont worry Andy, that is exactly what I did first off, buggered if I could get it to focus

Tried cocking my pro sport by yanking on the sling a couple of times today as well...

On my TX the sling is attached to the lever, so it makes an easy start prone just to grab the sling and pull.

But on the PS it is attached to the barrel...heh heh

I thought that it was just me entering the slippery slope of senility Para!
    Andy

Has there been any development on the frontal fit NV yet? I'd guess the unusual shape of the bell front might be a bit of a problem to match.
    For NV spotter and add-on videos, paste > some bloke night vision < into YouTube search bar

Quote Originally Posted by some bloke View Post
    Has there been any development on the frontal fit NV yet? I'd guess the unusual shape of the bell front might be a bit of a problem to match.
    Dunno...Ask Mr C or Mrs C

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Almost finnished the lever, as a lefty I've got to cut it down to clear bolt, but thought I'd post photo's for you righty's. As it is it transforms the focusing of scope, esp for lefty as I can adjust focus with just a small movement of thumb from firing pos'n.

Focus at approx 20yds.
    http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...nnect20yrd.jpg

Focus at approx 50yds.
    http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/u...nnect50yds.jpg
    Hi hurricane...I'm tempted by a connect for my wingmaster but aren't sure about the mounting options with the high magazine. I like the look of the mounts you used on your airwolf in these pictures, are they the spotsmatch ones?
    Happiness...is a warm gun!!!

i have had one on my daystate air ranger on high mounts now for about 6 months and i haft to admit its one of the best scopes that i have ever brought and being as it is on high mounts i can still use my mag
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER .177
    HUGGETT SHROUD AND SILENCER
    MTC VIPER CONNECT

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledzepp View Post
    Hi hurricane...I'm tempted by a connect for my wingmaster but aren't sure about the mounting options with the high magazine. I like the look of the mounts you used on your airwolf in these pictures, are they the spotsmatch ones?
    Sorry only just seen your post.
    The mount I've used is a guntuff one supplied by our sponsers JSR, needed a bit of machinning to fit.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...f-30mm-mounts/

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Sorry only just seen your post.
    The mount I've used is a guntuff one supplied by our sponsers JSR, needed a bit of machinning to fit.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/category...f-30mm-mounts/
    does that mount still allow you to use your mag on your airwolf

oops just seen your pics sorry
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER .177
    MTC VIPER CONNECT

just out of interest what did you use to thin the back mount down as thats going to be perfect as I'm struggling to thing of a mount option on my connect so i can still use my mag on my air ranger and mount a lamp on it
    DAYSTATE AIR RANGER .177
    MTC VIPER CONNECT