Thread: info required on hft

info required on hft

hi folks im thinking of getting into HFT and maybe FT much later on and just wondering is a AIR ARMS EV2 ok for HFT
    all replys and additional info will be much appreciated
    regards mike
    AIR ARMS EV2 - MTC VIPER 6-24x56 IR SCB
    Daystate platinum - mtc viper 6-24-56 ir scb

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Absolutely fella, the best advice is to find a local club and get stuck in. Once you've a few goes under your belt you'll know what to work on.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    Absolutely fella, the best advice is to find a local club and get stuck in. Once you've a few goes under your belt you'll know what to work on.
    Thanks mate I'm in a local club but none of the members are into HFT so all info is much appreciated someone told me I would have to remove the spirit level but don't know why

Regards mike

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    It's just the rules, spirit level O.K. for FT not for HFT. This may help.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Thanks mog

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikelittle84 View Post
    Thanks mate I'm in a local club but none of the members are into HFT so all info is much appreciated someone told me I would have to remove the spirit level but don't know why

Regards mike
    Nothing some Sparkies tape won't fix.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Thumbs up EV2= Cracking Rifle!

I had an EV2 last year-I had sold all of my rifles, then decided I fancied shooting a bit of HFT again. Mine was a MK2 Model. The rifle was certainly accurate, the trigger very predictable and the amount of adjustment to the stock made it a perfect fit.
    Fortunately, you can mount a scope fairly low down, I had a Burris 3-9 * 40 Fullfield 2 on low mounts, which with a 40 yd zero, gave me a very usable tradjectory.

I sold mine when an oportunity to buy something a bit "special" came along, but I would certainly consider another, one day....

Just a word of warning: they had issues with the reg leaking, mine went down after 500 pellets Air arms serviced the rifle and the reg for circa 120.00 pounds, which I thought was pretty reasonable-the rifle came back supremely consistent

Give the Air-arms MPR ft a look-I think it is every bit as good as the EV2 for HFT
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    I had an EV2 last year-I had sold all of my rifles, then decided I fancied shooting a bit of HFT again. Mine was a MK2 Model. The rifle was certainly accurate, the trigger very predictable and the amount of adjustment to the stock made it a perfect fit.
    Fortunately, you can mount a scope fairly low down, I had a Burris 3-9 * 40 Fullfield 2 on low mounts, which with a 40 yd zero, gave me a very usable tradjectory.

I sold mine when an oportunity to buy something a bit "special" came along, but I would certainly consider another, one day....

Just a word of warning: they had issues with the reg leaking, mine went down after 500 pellets Air arms serviced the rifle and the reg for circa 120.00 pounds, which I thought was pretty reasonable-the rifle came back supremely consistent

Give the Air-arms MPR ft a look-I think it is every bit as good as the EV2 for HFT

Thanks very much mate it's much appreciated

Regards mike

[QUOTE=Baxterbasics;4754941]

Thanks very much mate it's much appreciated

Regards mike