Thread: Hello All

Hello All

Hi, I thought i'd drop a few lines to say hi and give you a little of myself. I've signed up to Airgun BBS on the recommendation of a few members of my local club after visiting them for the first time on Saturday. Basically i'm sure my story is similar to a few members, I'm not a complete Newb to the Airgun world but after my first visit to a gun shop in over 10 years i might as well be... i used to do quite a bit of "pest control" throughout my teens including shooting and working with dogs but as family life and kids came along i sold up all my gear (not the dogs...) with a sigh and thought that was that. Then just before Christmas my father was cleaning out his garage and called me to say he'd found my old rifle and should he scrap it or did i want to fetch it. "Rifle" i thought. "What rifle"? "BSA Something or other" was his reply. Well the BSA something or other was my meteor mk3, my first gun (that didn't fire caps... LOL) that had been consigned to the garage when i lived with mum and dad as my spare/backup for my (then) newer/better rifles and i thought cool, I'll clean it up and pass it on to my eldest. Well as i was tinkering and remembering all the fun I'd had with it i started thinking maybe I'll give it all a go again, so here i am a new set of scopes fitted (along with mainspring, seals, half a tub of grease and a liberal squirt of oil here and there) she's firing as sweet as ever and i thought I'd take myself along to the local club and see what happens from there. If i take to it then a new rifle will be on my birthday list and if not well my eldest gets the gun anyway. Well within 20mins i was hooked all over again, After 30 I'd tried a couple of other springers and after 45 i was on to the pre charge and already knowing what i wanted for my birthday... and that's it really. From there to here, cheers

hi and welcome

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    welcome to the slippery slope to bankruptcy

welcome and enjoy,