Thread: Relum sidelever for sale - Rare!!!

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

Relum sidelever for sale - Rare!!!

Ok, reality is that it will be a while before I get to this, so it can go to a good home.

Relum sidelever, by all accounts a pretty rare rifle. It does shoot as it should, although will need a strip as not much power. It is well used, with marks/dings to the stock, so could do with a strip and refinish. There is a small corner of the stock that has been broken at some point and fastened back. Not the best job but should be easy enough to do if needed. The little handle from the sidelever is missing, but it is just a short rod making a T piece ( there are some pics and more details in this thread about the rifle: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....elever-project )

Pics of the rifle here:
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...chinese002.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...chinese001.jpg
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...chinese003.jpg

How about £30? Will post if needed (can sort price)
    Payment by cash or Paypal (I will go halves on the fees with you).
    First yes please on the thread, followed by pm please.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Sold to Guy pending him getting sorted, I wonder just what he has in mind for this little marvel????
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

It is already shooting Guy, won't take a great deal mate I'm sure.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Lightbulb Relum sidelever

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I am going to cut the barrel off it,get it welded to some scaffold tube, glue a broken stock to it , paint it pink and glue some sequins on it -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------then sell it to Red Bob .
    He is after another scorpion (lilac) to match his shoes
    Chuckle,chuckle----I dont think Bob has seen this yet.
    I will just try to get it running with little restoration.
    I MAY HAVE MENTIONED IT ONCE BUT I THINK I GOT AWAY WITH IT
    As many of you know, Bob often goes in Protek in his lunch break. I got this text off him earlier: "Hi. just been into protek and they were all in hysterics about a post on the bbs. Something about welding a gun together,painting it pink and selling it to Red Bob! Vick was dribbling with laughter.Thanks mate!"
    Nice to know that the bbs makes people chuckle.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

finally i found why im the laughing stock of west sussex,and it wasnt the lilac as my friends know im very partial to pastel shades ,i hate sequiens except on fruit of the loom t shirts.
    ps i like the idea of the scaffold poles instead of a shoulder stock ;is that what you meant ? anyhow precious is coming on nicely no thanks to you.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    I missed a relum sidelever, how can it be! I NEED one of these finger choppers... Should anyone have a fw to dispose f do let me know. It loks like a right dog, fntastic!

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re sidelever

thats just my style ,as oglikes says they have a unique look and i up for one to ;and dangerous to boot!! "i like it".
    umm not sure if the gold laquer would help this one mate,try beige it worked on that mod2
    your gonna get back!!! but not quite as it arrived to me. a ha ha ha.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Took me about 10 minutes to unpack the bl--dy thing!
    That's because you are special

Exclamation Relum

This will be going to Lawrie for some attention. I stripped it down yesterday as far as I could. I really do not think they are made for taking apart. The piston is head on a rod. There is a plastic washer on it with a steel band underneath. I have not seen a stripdawn or a parts diagram for one of these and the best advice I can give you is DONT! I think that if you are a collector only, then maybe get one, but if you want to plink and tinker then get something else. You have to remove the pin in end block before you can get the trigger out. I am currently struggling to get this to work again but if I do, will strip it so Lawrie can weigh it up.
    The trigger acts directly on the piston rod. The trigger spring is something like a weak mk3/4/5 meteor one but hooks into the cylinder and at the rear of the trigger.With the end block/cocking arm pivot removed, you can just move the block enough to knock out he trigger pivot pin. Unfortunately, when the block was being removed, I noticed a bit of wire sticking out of the cylinder. It looks like a small spring should push on a small ball bearing for the anti bear trap. I got he trigger back together last night and it worked but then didn,t. I suspect it is because I find a sutable spring to go onto the ball. I reckon some sort of compressor or press was used to put this lot together ( or you need a helping hand or 2) and suspect that the cocking lever and cocking arm were rivetted in place afterwards. Despite Hiller saying these were Eastern Bloc, it seems to be Chinese to me. It is not "Relum" quality.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Interesting. Relum did have Czech guns as well as Hungarian, but I've always thought this was a Hungarian offering.

I have just seen this and it makes me think the Relum was a Chines made thing. It was very crappy quality.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...offrey++Boxall.

I have just seen this and it makes me think the Relum was a Chines made thing. It was very crappy quality.
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/57629...offrey++Boxall.
    I think it is chinese, I had one , Running Deer I think, ?
    Had it been marked Relum I would have bought it , I seem to remember it had no mechanism to hold the piston back when cocked !!!
    Your fingers are in there ,

Well there you go , Ged.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Just convert it to CO2, with a Williams peepsight it would make a great hunter for barnacles.