Thread: UBC had a meeting with Brocock today

UBC had a meeting with Brocock today

Hi all.

I would like to inform you all, that I had a meeting at Brocock today and Nigel is happy to sponsor us at the Umarex Boys Club.

Within the meeting Nigel gave me the reply from Umarex of the 30 Questions that we gave to Terry Doe just before chrsitmas. I will be doing another thread about that shortly.

We had a good chat about the history of Brocock when it was in Digbeth Birmingham.

And had a little tour of Brocock in the workshop & where they laser etch every pistol, air-rifle.

Nigel will be sponsoring us at our forthcoming meets. There will be prizes, Award Badges, Certificates & trophies.

One being a Pistol which will have UBC & Brocock etched onto it. Making it an unique prize. Again more details will be put on the Meet Thread.

We also talked about Brocock and what they do that no other UK distribruter does in etch there trademark with the year ie CB11.
    It started in 2008 as just CB

>> Brocock Seal<<

So there will hopefully be exciting times with us the U.B.C & Brocock.

I was shown there lastest pistol that they got from Umarex Full Power Spring Pistol Browning 800

>>PISTOL<<

He has 300 of these & Umarex have discontinued this range. I even had the oportunity to see it being etched. I suggested with the full name of Brocock along the cylinder, which they may do the whole run of pistols that way, It looked real good 8)

I would like to openly say thank you to Nigel for taking the time to see me today & back in December

With our appreication and on behalf of the UBC Mangement I handed over a >>Clock<< & >>Special UBC Wooden Spoon award<<. He was most grateful especially with the wooden spoon

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well done Paddy

Good luck, Phil

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    That's good news Paddy, well done!
    Do Brocock manufacture there as well? I wouldn't have minded a tour of the place myself, you lucky sod!

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    That's good news Paddy, well done!
    Do Brocock manufacture there as well? I wouldn't have minded a tour of the place myself, you lucky sod!

Garry
    I believe Brocock are importers.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I believe Brocock are importers.
    I thought they might have made some of the Brocock brand stuff themselves. Never mind!

Thats excellent news.
    I once visited Brocock when they were in in Digbeth and wasnt allowed to leave before I had played/shot 3 of the pistols.
    Needless to say i didnt take that much persuading to stay a while. They are a friendly company and this link up can only be a good thing.
    Well done Paddy
    Regards
    Nige
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Brocock import Umarex and some other brands, however they do manufacture their own product ranges
    ATB,
    Nick

P.S. I don't like importers etching their logo down to bare metal on a well designed & finished gun, none of mine have this and I would rather that future purchases didn't have it in a prominent place, it could be under a grip, prominent placing offers no advantage to the consumer.
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Brilliant news, well done paddy you are a real star, looks like new heights for the little UBC
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

BigEars Guest
    Well done Paddy.

More than a few at our club wish that Brocock would start repairing Rohms again. The current arrangement for their repair is not nearly so good.

Thanks guys, it is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Well done Paddy.

More than a few at our club wish that Brocock would start repairing Rohms again. The current arrangement for their repair is not nearly so good.
    Hi ya.

I will be getting in touch with Nigel again soon with another Q&A to Brocock & Umarex for when he goes to Germany in March.

I'll put that question to him

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Any chance they will be having made target grips for the aimx range now that would be something

Quote Originally Posted by diggermad View Post
    Any chance they will be having made target grips for the aimx range now that would be something
    Indeed, I might be persuaded to buy another Atomic!