Thread: Cometa Indian

Cometa Indian

Hi all,

Searched everywhere to no avail, does anyone know of any mods available for a Cometa Indian.177 to increase power as i think 3 ftlbs is a little lame. When plinking i like a heavy THWACK and a target that spins for about a week, not a little plink and a nudge (Spoiled by a crosman 2240 and a webley alecto)

Check the breech seal for damage first, then look at the piston head o-ring, an Indian should be doing more than three ft/lbs, I think mine's doing about 4.5...

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    My thought too. Mine does well over 4 though cannot remember the actual chrony results

Just pack out the spring with a few washers, clean all the grease etc from the piston, and polish the piston and barrell, mine was minging when i stripped it but its sweet now! the transfer port is a bit basic make sure its not blocked and make sure you have a washer on the loading port, air can be lost there but appart from that they are very basic and easy to strip.

there a joy to fire though surprisingly smooth and balanced

ATB

Chris
    Emley Moor FTC
    Steyr Challenge with a Vortex Viper GenII , Steyr LG110 Hunter with a EVX 10x44, Daystate Pulsar with a Vortex Viper Gen II, HW100k with a MTC Mamber

buy a h/w 45.
    rick/'o'shae.

Stripping indian

Does anyone know how to strip this pistol down? Are there any guides? If someone who knows could write a brief step by step i would really appreciate it.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by grayson peter View Post
    buy a h/w 45.
    Not everyone likes the HW45. I've got one, if it wasn't for the fact that it was left to me in my Uncle's will I would flog it. It's powerful, well made and accurate, but it's graceless and ugly like many German things, its proportions are all wrong. The Indian may be cheaper and not as well made as the 45, but to me, it's much more fun for some reason.

The HW45 is weird, although it's well made, powerful and accurate, and the dual power feature is very nice to have, it somehow lacks soul, and has never endeared itself to me in the way my other pistols (including the Cometa Indian, various Webleys, Hy-Scores, BSAs, Records, an Abas Major, and the odd Milbro, Gamo and Baikal) have.
    Last edited by Rob M; 18-02-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Jeff Bulmer did a strip guide in an old airgun world for this, I don't have a copy but you will find it on the index of these thiings that is floating around somewhere on here...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    Not everyone likes the HW45. I've got one, if it wasn't for the fact that it was left to me in my Uncle's will I would flog it. It's powerful, well made and accurate, but it's graceless and ugly like many German things, it's proportions are all wrong. The Indian may be cheaper and not as well made as the 45, but to me, it's much more fun for some reason.

The HW45 is weird, although it's well made, powerful and accurate, and the dual power feature is very nice to have, it somehow lacks soul, and has never endeared itself to me in the way my other pistols (including the Cometa Indian, various Webleys, Hy-Scores, BSAs, Records, an Abas Major, and the odd Milbro, Gamo and Baikal) have.
    You're entirely right that it's a personal thing,
    I find my HW45 has plenty of character and I love that it doesn't reward point & squirt merchants, it's a pistol requiring good pistol technique (grip, stance, surprise break etc.) to achieve good results. I also like that Beeman/HW had the common sense to base the grip dimensions closely on the 1911 A1 giving shooters access to a huge range of custom and off the shelf aftermarket grips.
    I've never been a fan of the "Two bits 'O' pipe" look in pistols unless the barrel has enough meat to look like one
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

RobM. Zen and the air pistol!
    You are right though.