Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some help please. Where am I going wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    Just to throw a "cat amongst the pidgeons", I had a similar problem a few years ago, the cracking noise was at the end of the cocking stroke, this turned out to be the two piece cocking arm clicking over centre and striking the inside of the stock.
    This was remidied by some chipboard edging strip on the inside of the stock to fill the gap.

Just a thought!
    give this man prize , if it goes click clak that is what it is doing on my supersport , glue a peice of hard rubber or nylon in the stock
    Last edited by langbaybart; 31-01-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    If you pass the
    English boarder illegally you get a job, a driving licence, housing
    benefit,healthcare?????????????????????any where else you go to prison

I think Guy (ggggr) has sussed it with the little piece for the cocking link to rub against in the inlet of the stock. It was badly worn through when I examined it and on giving it a prod, it disintegrated. Tried the rifle without it and the clacking was worse than before. I think I may have something suitable in the shed to replace it.

Thanks a lot for all for your help guys, especially to Guy who went to the trouble of PM'ing me more than once with advice. Much appreciated.

Funnily enough I have just had the very same problem with a gamo quickshot ! Two small
    ' grommets ' inside the stock , if they are not present the cocking arm will not run freely along the stock as the arm will not be set and drops downs .

atvb

Dave

PS : Cheers to Vic T
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[