Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 452 2E ZKM .22lr Rimfire Rifle.

CZ 452 2E ZKM .22lr Rimfire Rifle.

CZ 452 .22
    Marmite, either love or hate them.
    Woodwork is plain, I've shaved a bit of wood off & oiled mine, plain looking & matt, better for "hunting".
    Barrel lengths from 16" to 21", blued or shiney nickel. My 21" has been chopped from 21" to 14" without any loss of accuracy.
    Threaded UNF as std.
    Many say the stock touches the action / barrel, I had a cure for that.
    Many come with open sights, mine did.
    With the barrel chop I lost the front sight so the rear one was also removed with a mounting screw loss, now the barrel free floats but a little wood was removed from the barrel channel anyway.
    Timney trigger, ever so light now.
    Without the rear sight I can get 50mm scopes on med mounts, my presant scope is a 44mm on low Sportsmatch mounts now though.
    This brings my cheek down lower onto the stock to almost the open sight position the stock was made for.
    An air rifle butt pad fitted, ugly maybe but better than the std hard plastic one, I did try an adjustable one but it increased the weight & length more than I wanted so taken back off for the better to use but not so good fitting / looking HW one.
    After many thou's of rounds the bolt glides smoothly & the gun functions beatifully.
    I use Eley subs mostly, many other brands work well enough but some are terrible, luckily, not many.
    Upfront is a DM80 over barrel mod tameing the noise but on the lookout for something better ?????
    Sling studs as std.
    I doubt if the original owner would recognise it now either by looks or by shooting.
    I've got the zero sorted & checked the POI out to 100yds with a bit of fun shooting out to 135yds just to see what happens.
    CZ 452's are such boreing guns, they do what you want as a rabbiting gun, they won't win a rossete for style & looks but they function & feel "normal" to hold & shoot.
    They may not be a match rifle either, If you'r looking for a true target gun you wouldn't consider a CZ anyway.
    Virtually maintainance free except to keep the bolt internals clean & that's not essential.
    Mine likes a dirty barrel so even more mainainance free.
    Many don't like the trigger.
    Mine was std so after much use they do smooth over as I was more than happy with it.
    Even so, if you have a rough one a lighter spring can be fitted, a tube to reduce creep (slack free play) & if needed the sear can be smoothed & polished but like mine, just useing it can improve matters over time.
    You can also get uprated fireing pin (In the bolt) springs.
    I've seen posts on RFC about guys who sorted there trigger out from out of the box only to regret it later.
    Too much too soon.
    Polishing before any initial wear takes place is removeing metal from important safety parts before normal wear takes the amount off that is allowed for.
    Considering you'r first rimmy 22lr & reading up on what the're like ?
    See for yorself.
    REVIEW
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidde.../0/jvhq3tfCzW0
    ZERO & POI CHECK.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/gunvidde.../9/s2WQ8-cPEXc
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Hi Darrall

good video on zero and poi, very informative, and good write up on the cz. I now have one in HMR and as you say it does everything thats asked of it without any fuss. I have a finnfire in.22 and again a no nonsense and smooth gun to shoot, only trouble is the fx2000 isnt being used much
    out of interest do you think you would be able to better the DM80 on .22? i have one on the HMR and rate it very highly. Got a simple sak on the .22 and perfect, however i know you like your moderators so if any body can you can

cheers
    craig

y

Blimey! Surely losing the front action screw must put a lot of strain on the stock around the remaining screw at the rear of the action?

An "interesting" number of ricochets to be heard in the second video!

got one in .17 Hmr
    Excellent Rifles

Hi!! Really interesting post to read as I am looking to get a CZ in .22 flavour!!

I shall take this post on board when I finally get round to buying a Rimfire.

Regards, Steve

455 is out next year early. worth a wait and look

Good information. I really rate CZ rifles, generally no frills (though the new laminate thumbhole stock is very sexy!!)

Got my FAC application in at the moment with FEO visit next week

If all goes to plan a CZ 452 in 22LR will be first purchase followed by a .17HMR later... Though truthfully a SAKO Finnfire in .22LR would probably tempt me if I could find a tidy one at sensible money

Tank is offline Fat things go slowly up hills
    Really liked the vid on zeroing and poi, very useful and illustrates easily what can be hard to explain. I reckon having shot .17hmr that i'll be going for that over a .22lr but still sticking with CZ 452.

cz 452

Quote Originally Posted by willybomber1 View Post
    Really liked the vid on zeroing and poi, very useful and illustrates easily what can be hard to explain. I reckon having shot .17hmr that i'll be going for that over a .22lr but still sticking with CZ 452.
    I have the cz 452 in both cals and i use the .22 a lot more both great guns

The 452 is an awesome rifle and if you buy one it "will" outlive you, but if you call rimfire magic and buy the £15 trigger kit you'll massively improve it. Oh yeah, and buy the American not the 2E, much nicer gun!

good write up on your CZ however one thing i would question the accuracy thing you mention you say no target rifle the only thing i can say is you must have a problem with yours maybe the front action screw anyway i only comment because i have the CZ in 452 in both .22lr and .17HMR in the Varmint flavour and 16" barrels and i would and have at the gun club put them against many Target made rifles including Annies and have out shot them at 100 yrds with my .22lr i can clover leaf a bullseye so maybe your CZ has a prob.

paul
    I have guns because i enjoy shooting, what i dont enjoy is being screwed by red tape and a dishonest government.

I got one of these in .22 with a trigger kit which has not been fitted yet as I find the trigger fine on it also was very impressed with the accuracy of the rifle,

Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by trooper3.1 View Post
    good write up on your CZ however one thing i would question the accuracy thing you mention you say no target rifle the only thing i can say is you must have a problem with yours maybe the front action screw anyway i only comment because i have the CZ in 452 in both .22lr and .17HMR in the Varmint flavour and 16" barrels and i would and have at the gun club put them against many Target made rifles including Annies and have out shot them at 100 yrds with my .22lr i can clover leaf a bullseye so maybe your CZ has a prob.

paul
    I'd go along with that. All of mine have been at least as accurate as the 'target rifles' they've been shot against. Drop a CZ action into a target stock, stick a set of diopter sights on it and it's a proper target rifle
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Im a lover of marmite and this rifle!

I Have three CZ 452`s and i rate them highly. can clover at 100 with my 22lr. Trigger job is a must i think.