Thread: New HK416 vs. Spikers' Tactical ST22

New HK416 vs. Spikers' Tactical ST22

Hello ladies & gents,

I'm new here but could do with a bit of advice. I've just started target shooting at my local club and like the look and feel of the mil-spec .22lr rifles.

I spoke to Wayne at NW Custom Parts reference a Spikes ST22 (of which i've read many reviews on here), but i've also seen UMAREX have just started importing the HK416 replica from Carl Walther in Germany. Do any of you out there own (or have owned) either rifle, and if so which would you recommend?????????

p.s. my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area.

Thanks for your time,

LBA
    Last edited by Light Blue Ace; 22-01-2011 at 11:33 PM.

H&k 416

Hi had the chance for a good look around the HK416 a couple of weeks ago looks pretty on the outside nice and pointy got all the rails you could ever want collapsible stock then you open it up and have a look inside.

Mmmmmmm very cheap and monkey metalish trigger sits in its own dedicated housing so dont think you could upgrade easily, bolt is not easily taken out for cleaning bolt hold open on lower is just for show but does hold open on magazine.

It does have some good features theres an adjuster on the return spring to help tailor it too subs etc mags very easily loaded and comes from the box with iron sights.

At around £725 id say its not as good as the SIG 522 for similar money my 552s had lots of rounds through it and its great easier cleaned and better trigger.

As for comparing it to a Spikes i think thats abit unfair my Spikes cost me £1000 for the basic gun and then thats where the fun(costs).

In terms of quality id say the 416 was slightly better than the GSG5 not as good as the 552 and no where near the quality of a Spikes you pays your money etc etc in my book they ought to be around the £595 mark to make them a worthwhile alternative to the Sig/Spikes.

Phil

Cheers for that Phil!

I've not managed to get my hands on a Spikes yet, so i'd be very interested to see the differences as you've mentioned.

One more quick question for you: How long did it take to get delivery of your Spikes? I know Wayne is a great guy to deal with, but he gets them from the States so what sort of time frame are we talking about?

I'm now in the age old dilemma....do you listen to your heart (get the Spikes!) or your wallet (get the HK416/556!!!!!)

.......it's going to be the Spikes I expect!!!

Dan