Thread: Recomended scope

Recomended scope

Hi im trying my hand at 20 and 25 metre target shooting using a HW100. At the moment the scope on the gun, a 4x12x50 simmonds is not focusing clearly at 20m can anyone suggest a scope to use that will happily focus at 20m without spending an arm and a leg Thanks in advance Pete

scope

Quote Originally Posted by bigpete View Post
    Hi im trying my hand at 20 and 25 metre target shooting using a HW100. At the moment the scope on the gun, a 4x12x50 simmonds is not focusing clearly at 20m can anyone suggest a scope to use that will happily focus at 20m without spending an arm and a leg Thanks in advance Pete
    Hi Pete.
    A good value scope,is the Tasco target/varmint 6x24x44.Front parallax.
    John F.

Nikko

Just ordered a Nikko Stirling Mountmaster 3-9 x 40 AO hope this will do the trick. Time will tell

bugsy is offline The user of cheap rifles........
    good scope, should be alright at 20 - 25 metres, i used to have one of these and rated them quite highly
    Air Arms S400 .22 10-40X50 XD Optics
    Gamo Cadet .177 4X32 Nikko Stirling Mount Master

I use a JSR target 6-24x44 on my .22lr Bench rifle, for £50 it's an awsome bit of kit.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...iflescope.html

scopes

Scopes is a minefield of variants,and a situation where u need the right tool for the right job,and often ure tools will clash with others views on things! Uve got a hw100,that's that fancy new one precharged? Well at 2d meters a simple and universal 3x9x40 should suffice,it depends on ure take,I personally use a 8x32x50 and I use 32x at 20m lwsr targets,this is far too much for others to bare quoting 'wobble' well I do ok with it. So my suggestion is to try a few scopes out,a shop will usually have some around 4 u to look through. As for manufacturers well anything up 50m is fine,beyond this distance u have to buy quality glass wich is not cheap,my prefrence is meopta,half the price of s&b or shawarski,but the same quality. Nikko sterling are ok to 50m as are the edgar bros,a simmonds white tail classic is also a good gallery rifle scope,good luck in ure quest.
    Rude fat dog .22lr custom. .44 ruger 77
    .17 hmr cz. .45 marlin u/l
    30-06 rifle x2. 12 shot benelli m2