Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Pump up' guns.

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Don't know if this will work but was it one of these
    http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g383/kenarcher69/
    It's the closest I've seen yet mate. I think it must have been it. My memory of it's murky after so many years.

Actually, there is another pump up gun the knowledgeable people in this section might help me identify. This one goes back even further but I'll definitely remember it when I see it.

It was given to me to play with (oh how times have changed) when I was about 6 or 7 years old and was ex fairground meaning it was knackered and the barrel probably bent.

It was quite short, with a skeleton type stock. I would say the stock was steel covered with a tough but slightly spongy synthetic material. I think the it had some sort of a tap loading breech but can't be 100% sure.

I've never seen one since. Ring any bells with anyone?

Pump ups

Crosman had quite a few pump up rifles but none with a skeleton type stock. The Model Air 17 looks like an AR 15 sporting rifle. 1980's I think.
    The Ace has the same internals as the Innova but is all steel.

I regret selling my Silver Streak but I hold on to my Innova and Ace. All will manage 10ft/lbs with 4/5 strokes. Fine for hunting but if you are shooting a detail of 30 shots you need arms like Popeye!

Mike95

Quote Originally Posted by Mike95 View Post
    Crosman had quite a few pump up rifles but none with a skeleton type stock. The Model Air 17 looks like an AR 15 sporting rifle. 1980's I think.
    The Ace has the same internals as the Innova but is all steel.

I regret selling my Silver Streak but I hold on to my Innova and Ace. All will manage 10ft/lbs with 4/5 strokes. Fine for hunting but if you are shooting a detail of 30 shots you need arms like Popeye!

Mike95
    Definitely not that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Actually, there is another pump up gun the knowledgeable people in this section might help me identify. This one goes back even further but I'll definitely remember it when I see it.

It was given to me to play with (oh how times have changed) when I was about 6 or 7 years old and was ex fairground meaning it was knackered and the barrel probably bent.

It was quite short, with a skeleton type stock. I would say the stock was steel covered with a tough but slightly spongy synthetic material. I think the it had some sort of a tap loading breech but can't be 100% sure.

I've never seen one since. Ring any bells with anyone?
    Daisy? (Models 850 to 917 Powerline). Plastic covered stock, skeleton type pump handle but pellet groove not tap loading system.

Daisy rifles (NOT owned by me.)

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 27-01-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Daisy? (Models 850 to 917 Powerline). Plastic covered stock, skeleton type pump handle but pellet groove not tap loading system.

Daisy rifles (NOT owned by me.)

HTH
    Ian
    You mean there's a gun in existence you don't own?

No, definitely not those Ian. Though thanks for taking time to post. The gun, although short, was quite well made and heavy. The loading port on this one revolved inside the cylinder, like The Webley MK3, only larger. You could actually revolve it round and round as you spun the tap meaning that lining it up with the barrel involved a bit of guesswork.

I've never seen one like it since. I suspect an early Chinese offering.

Probably should have kept it.

I dont collect Daisy guns - to plastic and cheap alloy.

Youve got me stumped on this one. Pump up with a rotary tap? I wish you had kept it now as I would have made you an offer for it.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk