Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorter, Lighter Daystate MK3's

Shorter, Lighter Daystate MK3's

After reading some current posts it has dawned on me that the fairly recent changes in the MK3 have gone unannounced and been missed.

The MK3 RT has been criticised in the past for being too heavy, although I have never found it to be a problem (I have actually put a heavier barrel on my gun).

Daystate have responded and have put a shorter reservoir cylinder on all new production guns, except the FAC versions. The barrel still retains the original length.

This has reduced weight to less than 8 pounds and also pushes the centre of gravity further towards the shoulder, giving a further impression of weight reduction.

The MK3 Sports is even lighter than the MK3 RT version and actually feels less heavy than the Harrier X2, although this is to be confirmed.

Using not very accurate kitchen scales the original MK3 weighed in at over 9 pounds and the MK3 Sports at 71/4 pounds (without scopes). The MK3 RT will be slightly heavier due to the better grade (denser) walnut and regulator.

All this has been done without any loss of shot count, which I believe is actually greater than the original longer cylinder guns. I am sure that even more shot efficiency will be realised with ongoing developments.

David

Mike H Guest
    Thanks for clearing that up David I'm like you however, like a heavier gun, so won't have to px for a new Daystate .. just yet Anything else new on the horizon ?
    Mike.

smaller lighter MK3

Some folks would interpret this as getting less for your money
    Regards
    Seggy

I have one of the shorter versions of the MKIII and its as good as I think it can get. I chronoed it and over 100 shots it had a variation of just 10 FPS.

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL83/5...2/76108103.jpg

I could only fill it to 200 BAR and it still had 100 BAR after the test.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Shaggy Guest
    I went away for Xmas & whislt pottering about poped in to Daystate just before the festive season.

there was 2 reasons really, fisrt to get my MK3's software upgraded, for the 7th setting HFT mode, which I must admit does the job a real treat. 2nd to get a few bit's for my current one.

Anyway whilst there Tony showed me an S type & I won't one like yeaterday lighter ideal for hunting, especially with my NV on top, I recon it will ballance out to about the same weight as my day Rig? as the NV scope is heavier then my normal scopes.

I am planning on getting 1 in real soon & it has to be in .22 then maybe I'll have a Crack at, at least 1 round this year in HFt maybe even more I dunno.

I am gong to sell either my Whiscome JW50 & or my X2 to Finance the new one but I have just got to have one.
    have an eye on the scope for it already , I haven't been getting on to well with my own kit for a while & it's not me tinkering honest , but I recon either I or my Kit have turned a corner now thanklfully.

Not sure I'd go FAC with a MK3? but a MK3 S possable I hope to go FAC later in the year & althou I like the MK3 I have to look at something else before I even consider it in the realms of high power.

Sub 12's well, I am really starting to enjoy shooting the 177, I was having real bad withdrawal symptoms over Chrsitmas, since I have been home I have been out every day still havent stoped shaking yet, hopefully I will Sunday?
    I might even get a scope to play at FT with? Seeing as thou I enjoy my 177 bein a .22 man the thoughts of having one has been slipping over my mind, for the last 3 weeks now. After I played with an S my minds made up.

Cracking bit of kit!
    The only Downer was using NV with it, well to be fair both my Daystates. I had a hard time juggling around the mounts so I could shoot with the mag in.
    I had a bodged mount which I wasn't to happy with so I figured I'd try looking about on the web, I knew BKL did weaver rails, so I went onto their site in the US.

& found their ref: 554 here have a look sent off for it & it turned up today!
    I am chuffed to Bit's it's perfect for fitting my Mk 3, I tried it on the X2 as well wicked bit of kit

So that's helped push me even more I can't stand being forced over the edge it's a hard life ain't it

ATB

Darren
    Last edited by Shaggy; 07-01-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Shaggy Guest
    [QUOTE=airgunner2388[/QUOTE]
    Barry what's the MK3 like in FAC?
    how many shots do you get? & at what power?

Anyone out their got a MK3 & or MK3 S on ticket? if so how manydecent shots do you get & at what power?

Thanks in advance

Darren

[QUOTE=Shaggy]
    Quote Originally Posted by airgunner2388[/QUOTE
    Barry what's the MK3 like in FAC?
    how many shots do you get? & at what power?

Darren
    60 shots at 24 ft lb
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Snook
    Using not very accurate kitchen scales the original MK3 weighed in at over 9 pounds and the MK3 Sports at 71/4 pounds (without scopes). The MK3 RT will be slightly heavier due to the better grade (denser) walnut and regulator.
    Are you saying there's no reg in the S version or there's a different (heavier) reg?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

I have a MK3 (B) FAC in the for sale section at the moment. It's a wonderful rifle - here's a mini review of mine from a few months back:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....te+mini-review.

I'm only selling it because I'm an idiot who keeps chopping and changing his guns every five minutes - and I fancy trying an FAC Thoeben S or maybe an Eliminator.

Lionel

Incidentally, shortly after writing that review, I solved the problem I had with blank firing the rifle occasionally. If I can't remember whether I've cycled the bolt or not, I just pull the mag out and look at the breech. If it's loaded, it's easy to see the back of the pellet sitting there. Then I just slip the mag back in and away I go. Not a single blank since.

Lionel

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Really spoilt the looks of the mk3 in my opinion by shortening the air resvoir.

Shaggy Guest
    Davestate,
    yes m8 you are correct!

The MK3 S does not havew a reglator in it! Because it's power/consistancy is set up by the electronics.

because it's minus a few things, like a reg & Thumb Hole Stock, Tony told me there's a big reduction on Price

the rifle still still has the consistantcy of a MK3.

Hope that answered your question?

ATB

DArren

So how much are we talking? (Less the cost of the reg and stock, couple of hundred I'd imagine...)
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

FAC MK3's

I am sure that Tony Belas will forgive me - but here is a little preview of our developments in FAC versions of the sporter:

The current FAC MK3 uses a regulator and has the power limited to about 25FPE maximum using .22 calibre. This is due to the pressure headroom needed by the regulator, the upside of this limit is that the shot consistency is flat as a pancake, the same as the 12FPE version and you get many shots.

Steve Harper and I have been experimenting with a long and short versions of the MK3 Sports. We are getting 40 + shots with the long (original) cylinder length at 45FPE to 50PE using a longer barrel in .22 and 40 shots between 30.5FPE and 33.5FPE using the standard length sporter in .22. All the rifles use standard Daystate ammunition and produce more power using heavier ammo.

They are a joy to shoot, with the higher power gun having an almost flat trajectory up to 50 metres and beyond, both are very accurate.

Experimentation is continuing with mechanical and software modifications to produce a production MK3 Sports with a target specification of (subject to change):

40 + shots at a nominal 35FPE.

The gun will use the longer (original) cylinder.

Please do not hold your breath on the strength of this post, it is a completely different matter in getting one-off prototypes working and then translating them into reproduceable production guns.

Watch this space...

David
    Last edited by David Snook; 08-01-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Shaggy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    So how much are we talking? (Less the cost of the reg and stock, couple of hundred I'd imagine...)
    Dave, I think your bang on the button, I think, if I remember rightly that's the amount mentioned whilst at Daystate.

I may be wrong but, I recon that's a reasonable drop in price, considering what alterations the S type has.

ATB

Darren