Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hw 45

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Loaded? At just over a penny a shot?
    He's a Geordie living in Scotland, FFS! what do you expect?

0.22 hobbys for me, buy an HW45, you'll not regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Robin View Post
    i have a .177 HW45 silver star and i think it's great
    The Carlsberg version of the HW45 range.

Quote Originally Posted by bripard View Post
    what do mean by less fiddly?

Just the pellet size for handling, I find the 177 fiddly. The easiest to load in the 25 cal (not misprint) nice BIG pellet to handle. Only good for close plinking 30ft to 40ft.

Now go get one, any one, you won't regret it

Good luck, Phil

HW45 Review.

There is an excellent review of the HW45 by Todd Cooper if you look on the web. Covers loads of stuff , more than a magazine article...
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

Link here

HW 45 calibre

Hi Bripard, I happened to get a good s/h HW 45 in .22 and don't think it gives anything away to .177 versions. More accurate than I am at 10 yds. (or metres) and fine for rested shooting at 30 yds. Some people reckon the .22 is less recoil, can't say as you get used to the kick anyway; the Todd write-up has some good info on shooting technique as does the American site Pyramyd Air Blog, it really does help if you get the hold right. As said above it's personal choice, can't go wrong with a 45.
    Last edited by torrens; 03-02-2011 at 01:22 AM.

hw 45

i would like to thank you all for your reply's. they were very helpful.
    but i still haven't made any decisions yet. i am looking at other options
    perhaps co2.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by bripard View Post
    i would like to thank you all for your reply's. they were very helpful.
    but i still haven't made any decisions yet. i am looking at other options
    perhaps co2.
    You need Spring, SSP, CO2 and Pre-Charged Air, the HW-45 is the ideal springer to get you started
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I just bought a SH HW 45 in .22 off the BBS and it's fantastic. It's dual power with the true glo sights, it's reall accurate and relatively easy to cock to either full or half power and for £155 quid a bargin I think.

I have also tried an HW40 and Alecto Pneumatics and a CP99 CO2 and I would have to say for fun the CP99 is the best, as you get the eight shots, but for accuracy and build quality, I think you have to go a long way to beat the HW45.

HN FTT's seem to fit realy will in my HW45 .177, strange as HN super hollowpoints did not and completely ruined the breach seal in no time. i go a selection from perfectpellet to try out rather than buying whole tins.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather68 View Post
    I just bought a SH HW 45 in .22 off the BBS and it's fantastic. It's dual power with the true glo sights, it's reall accurate and relatively easy to cock to either full or half power and for £155 quid a bargin I think.

I have also tried an HW40 and Alecto Pneumatics and a CP99 CO2 and I would have to say for fun the CP99 is the best, as you get the eight shots, but for accuracy and build quality, I think you have to go a long way to beat the HW45.
    You are a man of obvious taste and refinement.

I have had an HW45 since last December, and am very pleased with it. I bought the .22 version as I thought .177 too 'fiddly' as well. The only problems I've had, apart from early dieseling, are that the sight elevation screw and the left-hand safety bolt tend to work loose, probably because I always fire it on full power. You need to keep the barrel more or less vertically down as I've had the odd pellet drop out while closing the top.

My favourite pistol, without a doubt, and my most accurate too. I tried it with a Hawke red spot but have reverted to iron sights.

As much as I love my multi and single shot Co2 pistols, if for some reason I could only own one pistol it would be an HW45