Thread: Where can I get a rear sight for an old BSA Scorpion

Where can I get a rear sight for an old BSA Scorpion

Chap brought along to the club today an old BSA Scorpion Pistol, but couldn't use it as the rear sight was missing. There were two holes on top that looked like the mounting location.

Anyone still selling spares and will it just pop in the holes or is there a special way to fix it?

I can see why they were used in Star Wars, they do look more like a laser gun that an air pistol

Try Chambers or John Knibbs but you need to know the spacing of the 2 holes.
    quarter inch spacing is a 1974 ish mk4 Meteor/Scorpion rearsight which are tricky to get hold of.

If its the larger spacing then there should be no issues in getting the parts.

Thanks, I'll look them up and pass on the details to the owner.

From memory I think the holes were about an inch apart.

Apart from that it looked it good condition, apart from needing a new seal.

I don't think they used any Scorpions in Star Wars, did they? I know they used a few in the Bond film "Octopussy". I'd love to be proved wrong though, it'd be great to watch Star Wars and see a few Scorpions in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I don't think they used any Scorpions in Star Wars, did they? I know they used a few in the Bond film "Octopussy". I'd love to be proved wrong though, it'd be great to watch Star Wars and see a few Scorpions in there!
    Perhaps I'm getting my films confused

I thought I read it on the BBS previously. I did a quick google and found a fan site saying

I'm sure I saw the actual props a while back and at least one of them was based on a BSA scorpion air pistol !
    And the thing DOES look like a raygun

Next time I watch Star Wars I'm going to look at all the guns really closely! Cheers!

scorpion sight

Hi bullbarrel, if your pal's BSA pistol has sight mounting holes about 21mm/ 7/8" apart then it takes the standard BSA air rifle sight as fitted to old Meteors, Supersports and others so someone should have one. Nice old pistols, hit Darth Vader at 30yds easy.

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    Hi bullbarrel, if your pal's BSA pistol has sight mounting holes about 21mm/ 7/8" apart then it takes the standard BSA air rifle sight as fitted to old Meteors, Supersports and others so someone should have one. Nice old pistols, hit Darth Vader at 30yds easy.
    Excellant, I'll let the chap know all the above on Saturday.

Thanks for everyones help