Thread: "HELP" pistol problem

Unhappy "HELP" pistol problem

I need to change from right to left hand shooting, a now permanent shoulder problem has
    reduced my shooting to Zero over the last 2 years. None @ all for a few months, Questions; how do i cope with a right master eye, are l/h grips available separately for my Gamo compact, or any usefull suggestions would be appreciated. Iv'e offloaded most of my pistol collection over the last 2 years, but feel the compact which i shot well for me, would be a good starting point, and if it works might consider something more up market...mike...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Mike,
    When I shoot comps requiring weak-hand shots I find it's not too dificult using the "wrong" eye, it just requires the head turned to bring the eye into alignment on the sights, it feels a bit wierd but does work OK.
    You could ask this fella -

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-Gammo-compact

if he might part with the L/H grips.

If you're stuck drop me a PM, I might be able to sort you out a functional L/H grip as I have a compact to work from,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Help

Thanks Nick have pm-ed vendor...mike...

Exclamation Leftie Grips

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Mike,
    When I shoot comps requiring weak-hand shots I find it's not too dificult using the "wrong" eye, it just requires the head turned to bring the eye into alignment on the sights, it feels a bit wierd but does work OK.
    You could ask this fella -

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-Gammo-compact

if he might part with the L/H grips.

If you're stuck drop me a PM, I might be able to sort you out a functional L/H grip as I have a compact to work from,
    ATB,
    Nick
    No luck yet, but running ads on 2 websites, so hopefull...mike...

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    If nothing turns up give me a shout
    ATB,
    Nick

May I ask what yr shoulderproblem ís? We have a guy at our gunclub who also has a shoulder problem..
    Its possible to change to l/h and keep yr right eye for aiming, but it can cause aiming errors and zero stance issues.
    You can also try to start using yr left eye if its about same strength (deviation) as yr right eye.
    ATB,
    yana

Exclamation help

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    May I ask what yr shoulderproblem ís? We have a guy at our gunclub who also has a shoulder problem..
    Its possible to change to l/h and keep yr right eye for aiming, but it can cause aiming errors and zero stance issues.
    You can also try to start using yr left eye if its about same strength (deviation) as yr right eye.
    shoulder joint both worn (rsi), and damaged (also i'm 65 now) tendons also badly damaged in a fall i'm told full recovery unlikely ,however will try to enjoy my sport somehow...mike...

Left Hooking

Have recently started to practice shooting left handed as my right wing is a bit of a wreck (osteo arthritis)

I found it very awkward at first, I habitually shoot with both eyes open anyway, then I started to improve quite a bit, I quickly realised I was using my right eye to aim and had shifted my grip to allow for it and moved the gun a little to my right,

I think my aimed shooting left handed is better than my right,

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Bernard.

Mike, have you tried carefull muscle training? Or is it advised not to use it?
    Not using something úsually makes things worse over time; stiffness, reduced muscles and reduced flexibility, etc. The guy at our gunclub damaged his shoulder with several car accidents. He's training twice a week now, and it helps he says. He's still shooting with it. He's about 50yrs old.
    What does a Gamo Compact weigh? Maybe try with lighter pistol?
    Just thinking outloud here..
    ATB,
    yana

Thumbs up Help

Thank you to those few who took the time to reply with suggestions i am very greatfull, i have now got both left and right hand grips for 1 of my pistols, so hopefully i will find some way to shoot a little, atb...mike...

Good to hear that Mike!
    Glad you got something sorted
    ATB,
    Nick