Thread: Pulsar challenger gs 1x20 gen1+

Pulsar challenger gs 1x20 gen1+

Picked up a pulsar challenger gs 1x20 night vision unit with Dsa from pax gun in archway last week. The unit is very compact and light and nicely built. It has a wide angle infra red light built in. Quite versatile as you can attach it to head mount and use it as a gogle or have it attached to your day scope with Dsa Which is sold separately. Monoculor and Dsa worked out around £285. Alot cheaper than Merlyn with Dsa. It comes with three years guarantee for peace of mind, I think the guarantee and price difference swinged it for pulsar for me.
    Upon opening the package and looking through the scope I was quite impressed with the unit. Nice and clear, even though I wear veridical glasses I had no problem focusing the unit. The built in ir had a limited range being a wide angle eliminator I could see out to 10-12 meter after all it is designed for goggles opposed to long rang viewing. I was reading about these unit that you should use them with low magnification scope. I have recently bought a Mtc viper 6x24x56 and mounted the challenger to the back of the scope. I was disappointed that I couldn't see a thing. I knew that with magnification not Alot of light can get through but not being able to see really cheesed me off. I tried it with a different scope. My old mount master 4x12x50 and result, I could see but not as good as I wanted. I knew that I needed a extra ir source, after doing some research and asking you guys for some help ssome one recommended a n1000ap ir laser which I got it delivered by baldie from Hatfield. After mounting the challenger to the back of my viper and attaching the laser I was gubsmacked. It really made a lot of difference. On maximum magnification I'd x24 everything was clear at 30m. Tried it at a tree out to 50m it was fine. Some trees out 100m still nice an bright, when I tried to focused out to 150m to my supprise it iluminated rather well on the maximum magnification. On lower magnification of 10 I could see out to 200m.
    Overall both challenger and n1000 complimented each other quite well and well worth the money I spent. Around £650 for complete outfit (Mtc viper+challenger+Dsa+laser).
    Alot cheaper than dedicated night vision with 4-6 times magnification. The only drawback is the stock is too short but on the plus side I have a decent day and night setup.
    Thanks for reading, if you need More info pm me.

Toni

pulsar challenger gs 1x20 night vision unit

Hi there i have been looking at getting this unit for use on my .204 i intend to use a Deben tracer lamp with an IR filter plus the onboard IR hopefully this will work for me. It sounds like you like it am i right,it is good to here from someone who has one as you get a true feed back on it.

Thanks shootingcharley.

Unit works perfectly, the main issues are extra ir and day scope. I find n1000 is fine however I haven't tried it with any other ir. I have a 6x24x50 viper. On max magnification you are asking too much. But lower mag 6-16 the ir brightness is really good. On board ir is useless with day scope and don't count on it.
    I'm perfectly happy with the add on and if I can get a butt extension I will be over the moon.

pulsar challenger gs 1x20 night vision unit

That sounds good to me, i have 3 scopes to try it on so i hope i have one that will work, you have been a grate help to me, as long as i can get a clear view at up to 150 meters i will be over the moon.

shootingcharley.

Hi torchwood , a good review , good scopes for this addon & the Cobra/merlin
    is the 3x12x44 swat scope and the 4x16x56 swat scope ,also the MTC Mamba lite 3x12x44 without the illuminated reticle.
    regds brian