Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben Evolution .20 Pellet Advice

Theoben Evolution .20 Pellet Advice

Just bought a Theoben Evolution in .20 calibre and was wondering if any existing owners could give a pellet recommendation for best accuracy. My initial thought is to go with H & N FTT.
    Thanks.

Bisley

H&N FTT is what I use and so I'm told what Theoben use and recommend as well. I have used Bisley Superield and they are also good

As above, though superfield are only tight to 30yds or so through mine.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Ditto. If H & N FTTs don't work, sell the rifle!!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

theoben

he"s right you know

I use either accupells or h&n ftt in my .22
    Theoben Evolution - Nikko Sterling 4-12 x 50 AO IR MD Mountmaster Side IR
    Weihrauch HW-90 - Nikko Sterling 4-12 x 50 AO Mountmaster
    http://img703.imageshack.us/i/020az.jpg/

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by gafyn View Post
    I use either accupells or h&n ftt in my .22
    I like my bacon nice and crispy, thought you might like to know that as well.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

It has already been mentioned but i would be very surprised if FTTs did not perform well. JSB Exacts are good from my experience but for sub 12 i find them a bit heavy with a more pronounced trajectory to think about. I did not find Bisley Superfields that good and the groups really did open up beyond 25 yards.

Kindest regards

Barrel

H&N FTT everytime - my previous rifle was an Evolution, and they worked perfectly, producing consistently tight groups from the bench that were well beyond my shooting ability

Short range for rats I used the flat headed accupels (matchpel?), or out to 20ish metres just put them in backwards with little or no loss in accuracy
    TX200 .177 21mm TL | TX200HC .22 22mm TL | Prosport .22 22mm TL
    HW40 | HW45 | Diana Mod5 | Webley Senior....... Because PCP is like kissing your sister (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by terrierforce View Post
    I am giving consideration in the purchase of exactly the same rifle and emailed Theoben and asked them what pellet they recommend,they replied the same day and said JSB Exact.I also asked Daystate the same about a .20 Huntsman and they recommended the same JSB Exact.
    i use the JSB Exact. in my daystate merlyn .20 and the grouping is superb from 30 to 45 yds

I use H&N FTT in my .20 Evolution, have to say that although I have Superfields, JSB Exacts and Crossman Premiers I haven't tried them out properly other than over the chrono and all are considerably lower than the H&N FTT's and as I'm averaging 11.6 ft lbs with the H&N FTT's I would be way over the limit with these.

Also I have found that the Crossman Premiers are a very tight fit so much so that after about 5 shots it is uncomfortable putting pellets in the breach having a pernament indentation in my finger doing so.

The H&N FTT's are a really good fit and as I've over 5000 pellets to get through they will do me for quite sometime.

Martin

jsb"s

i tried these, gun did not like them at all, passed them on.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    I like my bacon nice and crispy, thought you might like to know that as well.

Regards

Barrel
    me too!

get the bacon rolls on.....i'll take cheese and red sauce with mine!
    Theoben Evolution - Nikko Sterling 4-12 x 50 AO IR MD Mountmaster Side IR
    Weihrauch HW-90 - Nikko Sterling 4-12 x 50 AO Mountmaster
    http://img703.imageshack.us/i/020az.jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by gafyn View Post
    me too!

get the bacon rolls on.....i'll take cheese and red sauce with mine!
    Now that is making me really hungry.

Regards

Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by terrierforce View Post
    I am giving consideration in the purchase of exactly the same rifle and emailed Theoben and asked them what pellet they recommend,they replied the same day and said JSB Exact.I also asked Daystate the same about a .20 Huntsman and they recommended the same JSB Exact.
    I'm very surprised. JSB Exact are 13.7 grains so far too heavy for legal limit .20 . My chosen pellet at FAC level but not for legal limit. FTT all the way for me.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.