Thread: EAGLE Dolla type pistol. Anyone have one?

EAGLE Dolla type pistol. Anyone have one?

Does anyone have a push-in-barrel Dolla type air pistol, with the brand name EAGLE. I'd be interested in seeing photos if you do.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    You intrigue me, as I have researched Dolla type pistols for several years and have never come across one called the "Eagle". Is this possibly a Japanese model? I do have a J G Anschutz Dolla Mark 2 pistol from the late 1930's which is stamped "Made in Japan", but this has the name "LOC". (In my opinion it was not actally made in Japan but was imported into Japan from Germany for re-export to America). Pictures of the LOC are here:
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...comparison.jpg
    http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...LOCmarking.jpg

Any information about the Eagle would be much appreciated.

The EAGLE pistol I'm referring to appears in a Japanese catalogue (folded advertising sheet) for Victor and Victory air rifles. (Unsure of the date)
    It also appears in an 1930 dated Japanese catalogue (again a folded advertising sheet) for Eagle brand air rifles.
    Having only seen these two catalogue illustrations, I don't know if it was Japanese made, or imported to Japan and rebranded, thus I'm trying to find a real one. The catalogue illustrations show the word EAGLE on the left side of the frame. The pistol is the early type of Dolla.
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Very interesting. Any chance of seeing the catalogue picture? There were two cast iron Dolla -type pistols available in Europe in the 1930's and it might be possible to see if the Eagle is one of these or if it has some special disinguishing features.

I don't have the image from the Victor/Victory catlogue, but here is the one from the Eagle catalogue.

Literally 'Eagle smallbird to-strike short-gun', available in Black or Nickel. (Nickel was cheaper!)

I now notice that it has a separate trigger guard, and a different grip shape to the Dolla's that I've seen.
    Last edited by Tantomurata; 29-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks for the view of the catalogue picture. It is quite unlike any European push-barrel pistol design that I have ever come across, and I would say that it is almost certainly of Asian origin, if not Japanese.

It's great when you think you might have seen it all and something new comes along.